Ibiza FR fuel consumption.l

russell10

Hi everyone, I PX my wifes Honda Civic for a new Ibiza fr in November 09. We love everything about the car, however I am a bit dissapointed in the fuel consumption. Around town its about the low 30 mpg. On the motorway its about just over 40mpg. Is this normal?Thats with a light right foot.

MacFever

Nov 30, 2009
Brussels
Hi,

I did 24 mpg on my first tank, so I suppose it is normal
Mine is intense in town traffic with a very heavy right foot !
Will go on a 300 miles highway trip today, will let you know ...

russell10

Thanks, thats made me feel a bit better. The car has done just over 2000 miles, I am hoping the mpg will improve with age.

russell10

I know its a great engine and gearbox,and it is more powerfull than my old 1.8 Civic, but I hav'nt got anywhere near Seats claimed MPG.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
What are they claiming? As far as I know boc is around the 43mpg mark so I would asume the FR wouldn't be that far off the mark either having the same box and engine.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
That 43mpg is very very careful driving. Driven hard they really do sup the juice. They aren't amazing on fuel TBH.

MacFever

Nov 30, 2009
Brussels
Got back from a roundtrip to Germany driving between 150 and 210 km/h the car did 10,5 l/100 km (27 mpg)
Not too much I think ...

MacFever

Nov 30, 2009
Brussels
Yes even did 215 (on GPS) and I felt I was far from max speed !
Next time I will to Germany I will get the max out of it :p

alexfr10

Jan 8, 2010
Llandudno, North Wales
Hi everyone, I PX my wifes Honda Civic for a new Ibiza fr in November 09. We love everything about the car, however I am a bit dissapointed in the fuel consumption. Around town its about the low 30 mpg. On the motorway its about just over 40mpg. Is this normal?Thats with a light right foot.

sounds about right to me. i get heavy usage round town but i think its quite good on the motorway.

just out of interest, what does the total miles read when you fill up. mine doesn't go over 245miles. thought it should read more!!

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
It will always average out your consumption and give an estimate reading as to what you will do on a tank. It changes as you're driving though.

Octane2097

Naturally Aspirated
Jan 20, 2007
South Yorkshire
when i first got mine i was seeing around 25mpg now its up to about 35mpg with town driving
plus the weathers picking up now too so that should also help

im guessing once its losened up it will be better on fuel, i looked the other day i have only done 1500miles since i got it in november!