Ibiza FR

Kyle Townend

Dec 3, 2005
Hey, as some of you know I am in the market for a mk4 Ibiza FR, and today I went round to a local Seat Dealer (Trentons in Hull) to see if they had much choice of used FRs and to have a look around them.

After walking round the outside area and looking at a couple of Ibiza References etc, a salesman decided to brave to cold and come have a word with me. He asked me what I was after, and when I told him an Ibiza FR, he instantly lost interest! I assume its because im quite young and he thought I had no intention of buying - but he went from salesman to ***** within about 5 seconds! [:@]

What he basically said was that he didnt like having FRs in his garage because they where crap sellers, and the only one he had was a red Petrol one in the showroom. I explained that I wanted a used one and would there be anyway to communicate with the other seat dealerships to see if one could be brought in from somewhere else, but he just fobbed me off.

Needless to say I went and had a look round the FR in the showroom and im more than impressed! It was an emocion red one, and although Im after a black one it really was amazing!

anyhow another pretty pointless post from myself, but as the days tick off to my work performance review in January, I get more and more exited about getting an FR.

Im also just in the process of trying to get a quote from my current insureres (Churchill), but I found a real cheap one with tesco, so im wondering what sort of penalties there are for cancellign a policy mid term - and is it an easy thing to do if needs be?

Cheers for listening folks!

Triple D

I went to my local stealers today and they had a Black Magic Fr Tdi in the showroom and a platinum Fr in the car park, not sure if its a petrol or diesel though. Like muddyboots said, go on www.seat.co.uk and have a look on the approved used car section, im sure you'll find one. Black magic is the best colour although im getting a bit tired of having to clean it everyweek now the winters here.

Kyle Townend said:
Hey, as some of you know I am in the market for a mk4 Ibiza FR, and today I went round to a local Seat Dealer (Trentons in Hull) to see if they had much choice of used FRs and to have a look around them.

After walking round the outside area and looking at a couple of Ibiza References etc, a salesman decided to brave to cold and come have a word with me. He asked me what I was after, and when I told him an Ibiza FR, he instantly lost interest! I assume its because im quite young and he thought I had no intention of buying - but he went from salesman to ***** within about 5 seconds! [:@]

What he basically said was that he didnt like having FRs in his garage because they where crap sellers, and the only one he had was a red Petrol one in the showroom. I explained that I wanted a used one and would there be anyway to communicate with the other seat dealerships to see if one could be brought in from somewhere else, but he just fobbed me off.

Had the exact same thing when I was looking for a Cupra, they had no interest in selling me 1 until they seen the money.

Kyle Townend

Dec 3, 2005
iancupra said:
Had the exact same thing when I was looking for a Cupra, they had no interest in selling me 1 until they seen the money.

yeah thats the feeling I got from them, unless I walked in with a wad o cash, they werent bothered!

I had a look on the seat website, and theres a TDi FR on there which is actually from the garage where I bought my Corsa, god only knows what he'd say if i tried to part ex again! :happy:

T. Spark

Kyle - I had the same thing, walking into a dealership at the tender age of 18 and saying "Oh can I have that one" and then pointing at a brand new 130bhp "performance" type car!

Are you looking for the TDi? Nice cars :D

EB20VT

Feb 5, 2005
West Yorkshire
Same thing happened to me when i got my Cupra, went to see the salesman, he reluctantly showed me the diesel demonstrator they had, then started on with the "have you looked at insurannce cos it's quite a high group" etc etc. I told him i was after a petrol and he said he'd let me know when he could get one, needless to say he didn't. So next time i went in with my dad and they were completely different!!

Kyle Townend

Dec 3, 2005
Sir SparkSter said:
Kyle - I had the same thing, walking into a dealership at the tender age of 18 and saying "Oh can I have that one" and then pointing at a brand new 130bhp "performance" type car!

Are you looking for the TDi? Nice cars :D

yes mate, TDi all the way :D

Triple D

Kyle Townend said:
yes mate, TDi all the way :D
Good choice of car, ive had mine for about 5 months now and although i wanted the 20vt originally im glad i went for the diesel..................even though i couldnt afford the insurance on the petrol.

kiwi_cordy

Jul 26, 2005
I would'nt touch tescos insurance, I used to be with them and ive never had so much hastle.

a claim that wasnt my fault ended up costing me money.

they wouldnt authorise the full amount of repair costs saying that the repairs needed were not accident related.

i would not advise anyone using them. yes they maybe cheap but trust me when you need them it will end up being a lot of hastle and possibly costing you money.

as for the salesman, i had that when i bought my fr, i went around a few garages. most of them were pretty rude, so i just walked out, and said well you obviously are not interested in selling me a car so i will leave.

i drove an hour to brighton to frosts seat, where i was greated imeadiately at the door and given a hot drink. i bought the car from them , then and there.

its the other rubbish dealers that loose out, so dont give them your money.

Last edited:

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
all luck of the draw i suppose,

when i went to see my local dealer he was more than helpful. thye had 2 in stock and this was when they first came out back in April 2004. I had a look round the car, and next minute it was " you want to go for a test Drive?"

So we did after he had moved about 10 cars to get the demo out, a red 20vt , and then we went out on a test drive for 30 minutes, and on one stretch he told me to put my foot down as we hit just on 100mph ( the first time i have ever been told to cane it on a test Drive) then went back chatted about prices, and then i went away and cam bak next day and he met the price i wanted ( back then they were 13550 OTR and i got mine for £12500 including the vents and gear surround.)

Overall very impressed. So shop around, never give money to someone you don't like.

Kyle Townend

Dec 3, 2005
Just had a very nice call from Churchill.

If I were to switch my policy over to an Ibiza FR today until my policy runs out in September, it will only increase by 366 of our great british pounds :D

Thats from a 1000 cc Corsa!!

I'm over the moon, everythings falling into place, I now only need my contract from work then Im off straight out to find me an FR :D

T. Spark

Have you checked how much it will be next year tho to keep the policy running?

dmjw01

Upstanding Member
Jul 28, 2005
Woking, UK
www.dmjwilliams.co.uk
I think it's a valid point though. Worth checking that the insurance company hasn't offered you a ridiculously low price as a cynical ploy to keep your business for another six months.

Myself, I wouldn't describe insurance companies as scum-sucking, low-life money-grabbing weasels. Not on a public forum, anyway - that would be libel. ;)

Kyle Townend

Dec 3, 2005
Well I realise this isnt an accurate way to simulate it but I just ran a quote making me 10 months older, 2 years ncb and having my liscence 2 years, and the qoute was affordable.

Thats all i can do for now, ill just have to pray!

Kyle Townend said:
Well I realise this isnt an accurate way to simulate it but I just ran a quote making me 10 months older, 2 years ncb and having my liscence 2 years, and the qoute was affordable.

Thats all i can do for now, ill just have to pray!

Thats how I woked out if I could afford it, I got charged an extra £200 for 4 months to the end of my policy, renewal was a reasonable £920 (£200 less than the simulated quote) . Charged me £103 last week though to a dynatwist induction kit.

Kyle Townend

Dec 3, 2005
iancupra said:
Thats how I woked out if I could afford it, I got charged an extra £200 for 4 months to the end of my policy, renewal was a reasonable £920 (£200 less than the simulated quote) . Charged me £103 last week though to a dynatwist induction kit.

aye. i'll just have to wait and see eh!

On the note of the induction kit, is that on a TDi, Im sorta wondering whats the best you can make a diesel sound? as I once saw a 306 diesel with a huge backbox, and it sounded. hmm comical :cartman:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.