ibiza mk3 brakes

marcus_cupra

hi guys....

i own a 2001 ibiza mk3 cupra...

need to get some new brake discs....

after measureing them they come to 328mm on the front...

they also run with the porche brembo 4 pot calipers...

just wondering what discs would these be off and where can i get some ??

many thanks :)

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
hi guys....

i own a 2001 ibiza mk3 cupra...

need to get some new brake discs....

after measureing them they come to 328mm on the front...

they also run with the porche brembo 4 pot calipers...

just wondering what discs would these be off and where can i get some ??

many thanks :)

Hmmm
Most likely size is 305x28 disks if someone has put 4-pots on it matched to some porsche/brembo caliper.. If 305x28 disks, this is an Ibiza cupra-R disk which is £60 new and £85 grooved +vat

328mm disks in 4x100 are not something I have come across yet.
Presume they are one piece and not 2-piece rotor/bell type setup?

regards
bill

HamCar

Hi new to the site, must say i love it so far.
I have found some 4 pot brembo calipers that comes from a alfa 156 HGV and was woundering if this will fit om my ibiza cupra mk3?
The discs seem to be 305mm times 28mm.
HamCar

Last edited by a moderator:

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
Hi new to the site, must say i love it so far.
I have found some 4 pot brembo calipers that comes from a alfa 156 HGV and was woundering if this will fit om my ibiza cupra mk3?
The discs seem to be 305mm times 28mm.
HamCar

you would need some adaptor plates so the capilers will fit your hubs me thinks have a word with bill at badger 5 he may be able to help you out or you can buy the ibiza brembo kit from him

marcus_cupra

also forgot to mention its a 5 stud conversion....

picked up some 5 stud 312mm disks today so gonna try that first!!!

can anyone get any 20mm spacer bolts??

djcupra

sounds to me like its been converted to the same setup as a leon cupra R if its a 5 stud con, im not positive but im sure they run a 328mm disc. my guess the calipers are also lcr but if they say porsche it may be an aftermarket decal, im not an expert but i think if you run a 312mm disc on a setup that is meant to run 328mm discs, the dynamics will be wrong the surface of the pad wont sit right on the disc so the braking wont be right and could even be dangerous!, you would need to change the caliper adapters to suit the smaller discs or bite the bullet and buy the lcr 328mm discs, im sure badger 5 would sort you out.

turbojoe1980

Bill what brakes would you suggest for 450hp ibiza is it worth the hassle of changing to five stud or get some brembos for four stud wanna try and keep the standard wheels if poss thanks joe

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.