Ibiza Remote Frequency??

g60jonny

Right folks,

Bought one of these from fleece bay (look at link) and did the very delicate transponder swap but.....it still won't code to the remote locking of the car!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170425238024

I have had the blade cut and the key fits the locks and starts the car, just won't unlock it remotely! [:@]

This is the flip type key and the frequency inside states 434mHz, but as I say I can't code it to the car :( I have followed the owners manual to the letter so I can only assume that the frequency in the flip key is not compatible?!

Any help would be appreciated.....

Jonny

ps car is a 2007 Ibiza Cupra 160 PD

andypandypoos

Rodeo Monkey
Feb 14, 2009
Cowley, Oxford
I've got a 2005 Cupra TDI, my original non-flip key is a 433MHz and the flip key I've got is 434MHz and both will lock/unlock the car remotely so I doubt it's the frequency. I think you just need to be really spot-on with the timings as it took me more than one attempt to get mine to work

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Thing is the transponder has nothing to do with the central locking remote or its programming. The transponder is solely for the alarm/immobilizer.

But has the remote been programmed previously?

Mar 25, 2009
bath
i had a 433mhz key and swapped to a 434mhz 3 button key and it works totally fine, even the boot release.

as far as i'm aware they are the same frequency its just some people round up and some people round down. the true frequency is around the 433.5 mark

g60jonny

Ah I see.........I think

It's a brand new key and the chip hasn't been programmed before! The transponder is the one from the vallet key that came with the car which is why its starts the car fine.

As for the accuracy of the programming, how do you mean? Do I have to time the press of the button with the lock or unlock stroke?

Jonny

Mar 25, 2009
bath
i followed the instruction on the flip key thread and it worked first time mate, did your alarm chip?

Mar 25, 2009
bath
sorry i meant chirp

**8 to code the remote you need the old original key in the ignition with it turned on then lock the door with the new key remove key then press unlock and horn will blip wait 6 second and press unlock again the key is now coded to your car!

g60jonny

sorry i meant chirp

**8 to code the remote you need the old original key in the ignition with it turned on then lock the door with the new key remove key then press unlock and horn will blip wait 6 second and press unlock again the key is now coded to your car!

Legendary!

Just been out and tried it using this method and NOT the one in the owners manual and hey-presto!!

Nice one all, thats what the forum is for!!! [B)]

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Hi, just tried this and the locks work but the car wont start with it? Also the horn didnt chirp either, anyone know why this has happened?

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
The transponder doesnt program this way, that needs to be prgogrammed by a dealer.

Like I said above, the remote locking and immobilizer are seperate.

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Thanks, got some prices from some dealers to programme key and they are all about £25 inc vat, do you think thats reasonable?

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Yeah about half an hours labour is about the norm to hook it up to the computer, but you should get a free health check if its a main dealer (now become law I think).