Ibiza TDI Boost Controller

Marcus_Wilson49

Hello all! Does anybody know if my 97 Ibiza TDI (90bhp standard, and around 110bhp with tuning box) would benefit from a boost controller. Does anyone know if they make them for this model, if it will make a difference and by how much bhp, and also if I will need to remove my tuning box in order to use a boost controller without causing damage to my engine or turbo. Any help appreciated since I am am gagging to release more power without spending big bucks! Cheers

sssstew

Editing your spelling
No is the answer. if youve got a box, a remap might give you just a little more but nothing to write home about, but will be smoother. You will need bigger injectors and a change of turbo to get much more out of it, which like you say is big bucks.

Marcus_Wilson49

Thanks for the advice, but I am still puzzled since I spoke to a salesman of boost controllers and asked him if 1 of these units will work alongside my tuning box to give me more bhp. He said that a boost controller would work well alongside my box due to the increased fueling. By about 3 PSI if I am lucky. Is this a worthwhile gain? Is he talking rubbish so as to sell me the product? I would have thought that the tuning box would have already increased my fuel pressure and therefore boost to the maximum safe level? Any help greatly appreciated.

chriskaran

can you tell me how you know what mk your car is as it doesnt say on the reg docs if its mk1 mk2 etc we have seat ibiza 2003 1140cc

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.