Idea from PVW - Gti 8v

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
Was re reading Nov 09's issue this morning and looking over the Orange Mk2 golf. When on Page 11 i noticed it has a 2.0l 8v ibiza gti lump in it. When looking closer on the top if the rocker it has had the black box with 2 pipe coming out of it replaced with a mini moto filter....and it looks cool.

Just wondering what purpose the pipes serve and if i was to bin it off in favour for a mini moto filter (which i have knocking around as you do) what am i letting myself in for ?

I am taking it that there just breather hoses ?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
It's crankcase breather pipes

I ran my 1.4's into an open filter - the smell of burning oil everytime you stop enters the cabin - it was foul.

leave it circulating into the air inlet system, or fit a catch tank.

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
PVW are anti Seat..... shocked they let a Golf in there with a Seat heart!

Agreed with Mork, I've seen these little filter make a mess under the bonnet and have been in some cars where they do smell.

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
ahh, i see...The smell of burning oil along with the smell of petrol I already have doesnt sound that nice.

I will leave it as it is...cheers, mark

Looks nice in pvw though...

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
PVW are anti Seat..... shocked they let a Golf in there with a Seat heart!

Agreed with Mork, I've seen these little filter make a mess under the bonnet and have been in some cars where they do smell.

Yeah, had to double take when i read it...

Dont want to do anything major with the engine as looking at a conversion but thought it would make decent use of the filter that i have kicking around.

cheers chaps

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise