Illumination on digital display for stereo fascia faulty?

DavieCupraTurbo

Hey everyone just got back my re-conned head unit as was turining itself on and off. Thats fine now but have now developed new problem my digital displays illumation is flashing on and off and now is totally off, anyone else suffered from this problem and how have u sorted the problem?

Seat dealership qouating £280 for new digital fascia cover so hoping theres a better way round the situation after just getting the head unit re-conned!I have taken fascia pannel off and cleaned connections but as soon as i click facia back in to centre console illumation goes again![:@]

Hoping for some positive replys cheers everyone :)

merlin051

Oil Burner!
Aug 22, 2006
North East, Darlington
check the ribbon cable that connects the two, if you can try someone else's facia and ribbon.

My backlight did this and i fiddled with the connections on the ribbon cable and it sorted itsself out.

DavieCupraTurbo

Yeah cheers buddy played around with the ribbon cable and refiited fascia to centre console but didnt pop it in so tightly at the bottom and still managed to screw in the two fixing screws in but again not very tight and seems to have done the trick for now! Very temperamental tho! Yeah dont know any other cupra owners that live near me to test there fascias on mine! Have u had anymore trouble from yours since u fiddled with the rippon cable? how long ago did it happen to u?

merlin051

Oil Burner!
Aug 22, 2006
North East, Darlington
Happend about 6 montsh ago maybe?

I dont screw the facia on, its just clipped on seems secure enough. Never had any more issues wiht it since i played around. My ribbon cable has been caught at some point in its life though as it was slightly nicked.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise