I'm now the proud owner of a 2001 Ibiza Cupra R!

baz3385

Sold my STI RA on Saturday and bought myself a 2001 I biza Cupra R in black and just love it :D

Paid £3500 for it, which i'm led to believe is a bargain, 85,000 miles (FDSH up to 65,000), 1 owner from new and in very good condition.

It's completely standard as it came out the factory, I wanted to carry out a few mods, but having read on here a bit standard ones seem few and far between......do you think I should just leave it as is??

Will post some pics later.

Mar 1, 2009
Liverpool
I would personally keep it standard, and spend the money on maintaining it, will be worth a lot more that way.

Of-course, after a while, knowing these cars are easily tunable, people start craving more power.

The furthest I would go mod wise would be a map bumping to around the 195-200bhp mark, then have the original map restored upon sale.

baz3385

Thanks for all the comments people...I think I might just have to leave it standard.....although a little more power would be very nice!!

Never really appreciated what these cars were all about until now.

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
I would personally keep it standard, and spend the money on maintaining it, will be worth a lot more that way.

Of-course, after a while, knowing these cars are easily tunable, people start craving more power.

The furthest I would go mod wise would be a map bumping to around the 195-200bhp mark, then have the original map restored upon sale.

awesome advice mate i think thats what i would do if i had my turn again

Nobber

3rd times a charm!
Jul 25, 2001
Newbury
Leave it well alone. I still miss mine as it was always so much fun to drive and suprised so many other people on the road!

baz3385

One thing I am bit suprised at is the Stereo! Did the Cupra R not come with a 6 disc changer as standard?? Mine appears to just have a Tape/Radio player...I've looked but can't find a CD changer anywhere.

fatreg

My Ibiza R has a 6CD changer, but it appears to be an extra, as there's a sticker on it that says made in June 2007 (the car was 1st purchased in Mar 2002) it's also a VW changer...

Jan 13, 2010
UK
remap it and thats it

its a rare car for what it is and is worth what it is due to what it is lol if you get me messing with it will only lose value

Fab_Fern

One thing I am bit suprised at is the Stereo! Did the Cupra R not come with a 6 disc changer as standard?? Mine appears to just have a Tape/Radio player...I've looked but can't find a CD changer anywhere.

Look on ebay for a VW/Audi or Seat boot changer. I got mine for £50 off a polo. The cable is already there but I moved it from the bottom of the boot to behind the rear light.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise