immobiliser vs steering wheel lock

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
how good is the immobiliser on the mk1 leon cupra (2004). is it worth waxing £50 odd on a steering wheel lock or anything like that...? or can i be confident that the car wont get jumped

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
helpful ;). as do i but my excess is £750 (alot more than a stoplok). incidentaly the reason why i ask is that due to my new foot well leak (thought i'd escaped that issue) the condesation is causing my car to VERY occasionally unlock and lock as it sees fit

Last edited:

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Get one of these.

http://www.saundersonsecurity.co.uk/acatalog/info_DLSS.html

They're not that easy to get off and probably the best on the market for that type of security.
Don't pay that price or halfords etc... I got a brand new one off ebay with bag for £40 delivered. They do come up from time to time. I use mine whenever parked up for long periods, outside work etc...
Anything to put the scum off and make them move onto a more easy target.

It's either that or get a snap off steering wheel :)

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
my excess is £750
Ouch!

Sorry for being flippant! :) I love my LC but treat it like a dog, maybe the amount of rubbish in it would put people off nicking it as they may catch something.

I'm not sure about the steering wheel lock thing, can anyone really beat the electronic immobiliser? I would have thought that the majority of car thefts these days are performed with the keys.

BoomhaueR

Wanna go fasterrrR
Oct 9, 2008
Exeter, Devon
I have a steering lock mainly because it acts as a deterrent. I also have the Revo anti-theft ECU immobiliser, as well as the factory fitted immobiliser.

If anyone can get past all of that (even with the keys) then congrats...they can have the car, and I'll have my insurance payout. :p

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members