improving a cupra tdi

_williams_

Aug 7, 2009
hi, i've got a couple of mods planned for my yellow tdi . .

stage 1 remap
light winow tints
LCR splitter
do something with the standard cd player / speakers

but i was just wondering, are there any other mods people recommend? conditions are i want to keep it as original looking as possible and keep it as nice to drive as it is now (so no slamming it on coilovers / springs)

suggestions? :confused:

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Yeah whiteline ARB and some 20mm rear spacers on the rear will keep the ride hight but really help the handling. It wont understear as much. The spacers will also help the rear wheels fill the arch more and look much better.

Its a planned mod for me but before that I need to sort my air con and clutch. Both expensive fix's!!

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
I got my 20mm rear spacers from ebay and they are excellent quality but im not sure if your allowed to post the link something to do with promoting sales but i can pm you the link if you want?

Apr 27, 2008
can you get a stage 2 re-map on a cupra tdi? as i have got one with the stage 1 re-map. also if you can, do you need to upgrade anything else on the car? i do have a full Sachs organic uprated clutch

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
You could even nip along to the Awesome GTI open day next sunday (http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=223758) and pick up a whiteline RARB and a load of other goodies while you are there, it promises to be a good day out. I will probably tease myself with some of the stuff they have even though I really should be saving cash right now lol

Are they having another one ? - this one was on 23rd AUGUST

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
whiteline ARB from awesome is about 130 delivered

get spacers from ebay...hubcentric with longer bolts inc...about 60 i think

this will sort our the handling a treat,

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
Try and get the ones that bolt onto the hub and the wheels then bolt onto them.
Their alot safer!

yea they are the ones....quite heavy but they bolt onto the hub with provided bolts then you use your bolts and locking wheel nut to bolt the wheels to the spacers

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Exhaust System , EGR Bypass, Panel Filter and a custom remap?

Should see a nice figure

As mentioned above the Whiteline ARB is a great bit of kit , Ive also got some of the Ebay Special 20mm Spacers , They are quite heavy but really make the car look better

_williams_

Aug 7, 2009
if it's anything like mine mate it'll be tidy enough with cd's . . reception on the radio is awful though, i rearly get a tidy reception and even then it lasts a matter of minutes! quite annoying actually! [:@]

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.