In 2 years from now, what to Buy?

LMJ

Previously CEY_CLS :-)
May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
By the time I'm 20 - 21 ("In less than 2 years from now"), I'll be in uni in Sep' 2010. I'll stay at home and go to uni here in Bangor to study music. So one of the things to do in my "to-do list" is to buy myself a long-awaited much loved SEAT Ibiza GTi.

There has been some debate or discussion about which GTi is the best, some say that the 2.0l 8V is a good daily car, smoother than the 16V, I'm led to believe? I'm pretty tempted by a 16V though, looking at a lot of projects that some of you have done on here are amazing, to say the least, and I'm very tempted :p! There's a 1.8 16V too right? :think: Those aren't as common I believe? Haven't come across more than one or two on here I'm sure. :rolleyes:

I want to know what you think, yes it's just under 2 years in advanced I know, but I want a clear idea of which one I should go for. I love the cars, and I don't think I'll settle for anything else between now and 2010! :) [B)]

Let me know what you think, any ideas / suggestions - write 'em down here! :funk:

Thanks! :)

(Calling all of you GTi owners) :) That's gotta be the best opinion right?

Last edited:

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
I'm going to keep driving me CLS till I finish uni (in 2 -3 years) and slowly upgrading it, then im buying a normal driving car, and converting my CLS into a track day car :D, maybe dropping a vr6 or g60 in there ;)

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
8v = lower end torque (better as a daily driver)
16v = higher end torque (when you rev the balls off it, makes you smile, and makes other people frown cos they can't keep up lol)

i love my 16v, as its old its got few problems, but thats with any car!

i was 20 when i got mine (under my sisters name) but now i'm 21, no NCB (being a named driver) and my insurance was only £740 (live in a crappy area aswell, so if you live in a nice place it will be much cheaper!)

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
740 isnt bad, how much did you get your 16v for?

i know man, i was expecting like £1000+ but sorted lol

i got mine for £1500, just before recession kicked in, was gutted, as i seen so many selling such mint ones after with lower mileage (mine had 69k on it)

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
1500 still aint bad lol, i saw so many good cars selling for such low prices a few months ago but theyre going back up now :( (i.e. a mini cooper s for 2500!!!! sold within a day!! i wish i bought it lol).....

instead of buying a daily car and converting my CLS into a track day car, I may be buying a golf mk2 and restoring it, its one or the other lol.....i could do both :rolleyes:

LMJ

May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
I pay £450 atm, I live in a nice place, with a big drive... so insurance is considerably cheaper! SUJ - I'll take your word for it! :) So you recommend me a 16V then? :p

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
1500 still aint bad lol, i saw so many good cars selling for such low prices a few months ago but theyre going back up now :( (i.e. a mini cooper s for 2500!!!! sold within a day!! i wish i bought it lol).....

instead of buying a daily car and converting my CLS into a track day car, I may be buying a golf mk2 and restoring it, its one or the other lol.....i could do both :rolleyes:

yeah isn't too bad, but i could of got a minter/lower mileage one, but i'm happy (well it's off the road got immobiliser problems atm) but should be back and making me smile again :)

yeah i know what you mean, if i had the money some of the cars i could of got! hmmm...

i nearly bought a mk1 golf gti, was in good nick, needed some restoring, and i needed a car, so i didn't get it :( my dream to restore a golf back to standard amazing glory!

I pay £450 atm, I live in a nice place, with a big drive... so insurance is considerably cheaper! SUJ - I'll take your word for it! :) So you recommend me a 16V then? :p

well i haven't driven a 8v so can't comment, but i can tell you how fun the 16v is to drive, nearly everyone will say the same

well for insurance you'll be sorted then mate!

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham

wow 450 is super cheap!! mine was 790 and i live in a alright area and store my car in a garage....

if i were you i'd get a 16v ;)

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
yeah isn't too bad, but i could of got a minter/lower mileage one, but i'm happy (well it's off the road got immobiliser problems atm) but should be back and making me smile again :)

yeah i know what you mean, if i had the money some of the cars i could of got! hmmm...

i nearly bought a mk1 golf gti, was in good nick, needed some restoring, and i needed a car, so i didn't get it :( my dream to restore a golf back to standard amazing glory!

i know! thats my dream to!!! but its also my dream to have a track car to wizz around the track and overtake aston martins and lambos :p

LMJ

May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
Suj - just got quoted 2 years from now (D.O.B etc 2 years older) - £601 off FlexiBell :) On a T reg 2.0 16V Cupra Sport £2000 :) I'm only 19 haha... I'm not meant to get it yet!!

LMJ

May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
The only thing I need now... IS A JOB! Been through sixth form and all that - didn't want "distractions" then with a job... Looking back it was quite possible the dumbest thing I have ever done!!!

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
i know! thats my dream to!!! but its also my dream to have a track car to wizz around the track and overtake aston martins and lambos :p

yeah i know what you mean! nearly all my mates at uni (doing my automotive course or motorsport) have mint track cars, one has a 180bhp saxo (trust me it looks stock aswell), 1 has an s14a 200sx putting out like 350bhp, and my other mate has a rx7 putting out about 320bhp, i feel left out (but they are much older, 25+ so its pennies to them, gits)

Suj - just got quoted 2 years from now (D.O.B etc 2 years older) - £601 off FlexiBell :) On a T reg 2.0 16V Cupra Sport £2000 :) I'm only 19 haha... I'm not meant to get it yet!!

do a quote for next year :p might be like my price!

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
yeah i know what you mean! nearly all my mates at uni (doing my automotive course or motorsport) have mint track cars, one has a 180bhp saxo (trust me it looks stock aswell), 1 has an s14a 200sx putting out like 350bhp, and my other mate has a rx7 putting out about 320bhp, i feel left out (but they are much older, 25+ so its pennies to them, gits)

i need a job, i had one for a whole year but quit and havent been bothered to get another!!
hopefully by the time i am 25 i have a good job and enough money to spare for car tuning :D...

my uncles bought a mini cooper s, john cooper works, its beautiful and he's thought of tuning that and putting it on the track!! im so jealous lol...he is like 40 though so has the money to lol....he lets me drive it when im round though, its amazing!!

aah ok! :( och hate putting in the details all the time! haha... but ok 'ang on a sec :p

getting insurance quotes is the worst lol....

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
Get a tdi :p oil burners are the way forward. only 90hp but only insurance group 7 too and a remap will get you 110-5hp easily. Nothing to be lost lol.

LMJ

May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
especially when you have some idiot ones who aren't in the compraison sites lol. DIRECT LINE being one of them...

I passed in January 2008, so it would be £800 next year. £600 then though :)... I'm gonna keep the car for my brother though and buy myself a GTi, oh I can feel the envy now haha :p

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
i need a job, i had one for a whole year but quit and havent been bothered to get another!!
hopefully by the time i am 25 i have a good job and enough money to spare for car tuning :D...

my uncles bought a mini cooper s, john cooper works, its beautiful and he's thought of tuning that and putting it on the track!! im so jealous lol...he is like 40 though so has the money to lol....he lets me drive it when im round though, its amazing!!

getting insurance quotes is the worst lol....

yeah i know what you mean, i need a job aswell, been applying everywhere! i'm off from uni for like 4months, so need to get my funds up!

yeah my mate has a placement at BMW and is getting a mini cooper s soon, they're nice, but 2 my mates have proper (old) mini's, both have 1.0 in them atm, but both are puttin 1273cc's in soon, one is supercharging, other is turbo'ing, you know how quick they will be, they weigh like 650kg, with like 120-130bhp, MENTAL!

Get a tdi :p oil burners are the way forward. only 90hp but only insurance group 7 too and a remap will get you 110-5hp easily. Nothing to be lost lol.

i gotta admit, diesels are mint, so much torque/fuel economy (even when you rag them)!

£800 next year. £600 then though - For a GTi Cupra Sport btw. :)

thats cheap as hell mate, do itttt...do ittttttt lol

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
thats not a bad price.....

great idea with the brother thing, ill hand my CLS down to him and get a gti then laugh :p....but he know f*** all about cars and doesnt seem to give a crap lol, i was well excited about cars when i was his age lol, kids these day with their computer games lol

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise