Indicator/button below fuel cap release?

shaun.s

Hello everybody,
Been searching the forum and haven't found a clear answer to this, so apologies if I'm reposting something that's already been covered.
I've just bought a Leon 1.6sx, 05 plate mk1, I haven't picked the car up yet but when I test drove it last night I noticed that there was a missing button/cover from an indicator (or possibly a button) near the handbrake below the fuel cap release.
From what I have read it appears it may be something to do with ESP/traction control, is this the case?
My concern is that the light was constantly illuminated (the headlights were on as it was dark,) and I wasn't able to push the button (if it is in fact a button and not just an indicator) as the plastic cap was missing.
I'd be very grateful if anyone could shed some light on what the button/indicator is and how it should behave.
The dealer claimed that he'd try to get me one by the time I pick it up on Saturday but I'm concerned that this may be hiding some fault.
Cheers

shaun.s

Cheers, I didn't think so either, although it's listed with ABS and Traction Control I thought ESP was separate and only present on the Cupra. Unless it's instead a button to turn traction control on/off.

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
esp was standard on the cupra R and an option on the facelift cupra. i have a 2004 cupra and the button is for the TCS. press button, dash warning light comes on, spinny spin spin... if you get my point

shaun.s

Cheers mate, that's really helpful of you- if the dealer doesn't find one for me (there's a similar car at the same dealer he might thieve it off but it's an S and I'm not sure if it has TCS,) I'll have a look at the scrappies or online with that part number.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.