indicator problems

jam

My indicators have just failed (Toledo 2.3v5 2001)on the way to a job interview.Ive checked the fuses and they are ok.The bulbs are fine because they flash when doors are locked.When I put the hazards on they occassionally click very fast, flash then nothing.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Jam

Last edited by a moderator:

JBS Sales

Hi yes.
This is a common fault.
It is the relay.
You will find that the relay is buil in to the hazzard switch.
So a new hazzard switch is required.
Sarah

JBS Sales

Its a 1M part number so I would say about £20 ish.
That means that it is a Seat part only.
You would have to price one from your dealer , sorry.
But do ask the question about if the one with towing facility on will be a stronger one.
I used to do these by the barrow full when I did warranty for a Skoda dealer.
They then made all warranty have to have the stronger one with towing on as we could do a couple of switches on the same car.If you got a taxi they would possibly get through a couple a year.
Sarah

Eternal Rage

Scooby & Cordy Powered
Mar 22, 2005
Manchester
...oh and by the way, i have just developed this problem in my 1.6 Leon, so thanks also Sarah for helping me without even knowing it.

...i hope it isnt too costly to replace?

JBS Sales

Wow 2 birds with 1 stone.
This is usually quite an easy job to do.
But then it can differ slightly.
With the Skoda`s there is a little trim that you clip off pull the switch out , pull of the block on the back of the switch.Push in the block on the new one , push in and replace the trim.
Very easy to do and I did a few.
But with Seat`s I do think that you may have to remove the radio to do it.

As for the BMW :confused: I am lost too.

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
BMW drivers are renowned for not using there indicators etc as there 'King of the road'! Theres an add on the jokes bit saying theres a recall on all BMW'S as teh indicators must be broken!

jam

Aah got you! I was like one of those drivers from the 1960s with my arms out of the window to indicate.A b***er when you're turning left!

Jam

JBS Sales

This is all very funny!
Get it now.
I am not quick off the mark.
Joke is not as funny when you have to explain it sorry.
Sarah

Popester

Hi, it seems that this has now happened on my Seat Toledo Mk2, does anyone know how much this Hazzard Switch costs and is it possible to fit easily? Thanks

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.