Indicators not flashing when locking car

andyc

Jul 16, 2004
Lancing, West Sussex
Hopefully someone will be able to help me.
I have a 2003 Cupra and when i lock the car the indicators will not flash to show te car has been locked. I am only pushing the button once to lock the car and the led light on the drivers door is flashing.:(

When i unlock the car the indicators will flash.

Any help/info will be gratfully appreciated.:)
Cheers
Andy

andycupra

status subject to change
this is a warning that something is not correct,
if i remember rightly it will be that the car does not think one of the doors or boot is closed..?
so likely to be a microswitch in on the door locks perhaps.
does the interior light come on if you open each door?

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Mines the same, not sure it does flash??
I know the interior light switches off which shows it's locked, ( not so hot in the daylight )

andycupra

status subject to change
ah yes forgot, the bonnet switch is a potential other cause.

so yes, you have a problem, (the lack of flashing indicates this).

for whatever reason the lack of flashing is highlighting a security issue, which will be that the car thinks a door boot or bonnet is not secure.
Not sure where the switch is off the top of my head, but it could well be the bonnet switch. (it might be in the lack mechanism..)

andyc

Jul 16, 2004
Lancing, West Sussex
Right sussed the problem. When i lock the car the drivers side rear passenger door is not locking.
When i open the door it sets the alarm off.
Any ideas what needs replacing or repairing?

&rew

That's what she said
Nov 13, 2006
Ipswich, Suffolk
I've got a similar issue with mine. The passenger door is intermittently either not unlocking or locking. When it does lock the mechanism sounds laboured. When it was on VAG-com recently there was a voltage issue warning for the passenger door. I might try the palm of the hand technique as I assume this is to 'help' a loose connection? :confused:

andyc

Jul 16, 2004
Lancing, West Sussex
Tried giving it a bang on the handle also taken a soft mallet to the inside of the door but alas no luck.
I will have to get it put on Vagcom and see what shows up. I would imagine i am going to need a new door module, what do you think.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise