induction kit or cheap cone filter..

Dillan G

Aug 9, 2009
Sittingbourne Kent
What should I get an induction kit or a cone filter from halfords ?

The induction kit is 90 pound for a 12v ibiza but does it actually make a difference ?

all i want is my car to sound a bit louder and not to sure if i want to spend that much ..

Proff_CUPRA 180

Jun 12, 2008
West Midlands
You will get heak soak in a N/A ibiza if you fit a cone filter or induction kit. A better mod for you would probably be a Cat-Back exhaust, just depends on how far your budget can stretch.

If you did want to go with the induction kit/cone filter idea though, i got one from Halfords for £25, which does a great job, and it isnt oiled either so has less chance of screwing up your MAF.

Cuprasi

I got a Halfords cone filter for my Cupra 20vt and am really pleased with it. Makes a nice sound but not to over the top.

11082009226.jpg

Dillan G

Aug 9, 2009
Sittingbourne Kent
erm ive not got a clue mate i was just about to ask you how to fit it on .. i have like a cover on top of my engine .......

what would this cone filter do .. just give the car a roar .. all the time ... ? or just as i rev harder..

Proff_CUPRA 180

Jun 12, 2008
West Midlands
erm ive not got a clue mate i was just about to ask you how to fit it on .. i have like a cover on top of my engine .......

what would this cone filter do .. just give the car a roar .. all the time ... ? or just as i rev harder..

Just when applying full throttle or when the engine is under load

pop ya bonnet and have a luck where your airbox is located, i aint familiar with the 12v engine, but i could PM ya some details when you find out cause i made up some brackets for mine to give it some support and added a breather filter to the SAI (the pipe which goes into the side of the airbox).

L14M_T

THE JOYS OF A 1200cc
Jan 14, 2009
RCT, South Wales
ive recently fitted a new filter on my car bought a ramair off one of the lads in work £20, Its changed the note of the car through the exhaust ,sounds lovely over 2000rpm and thankfully killed down the noise of the whine that sounds like a milk float :lol:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.