info on hids from ebay

jackster150

Aug 4, 2007
glasgow
ok lets see who has had the best deals from fleabay on hids i want to acquire them but want the best deal for the best lights i know some have purchased from ebay and elsewhere but dosh is not aplenty

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
HID's fit all cars, not just MK1 Leons.
Try asking in the general section as an Ibiza owner may have found a better deal, but you'll never hear about it asking Leon owners ;)

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
for the money you cant beat it, you very rarely need your main beam. quality of parts is not the best, but looks the dogs

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
But your only paying £50, compared to the alternatives of £150 plus. like i say build quality is not the highest standard, but they still work ok.

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
I've not seen any HID kits where cutting or soldering of wires is needed.
They are all just plug and play, so for the money they are all excellent bits of kit.
As for the build quality, i can't comment, but the ballasts are normally metal sealed units, and the rest of the kit is just wiring, connections and bulbs. Can't see how they could be poor, but i've not seen them so could be wrong ;)

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
ahhh...got my wires crossed (so to speak) along the way...i assumed that you had to cut wires etc etc...as i now know u dont, they will be on my shopping list as soon as iv been payed :lol:

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
The diane-shops are decent enough quality as Davey said everything you need is included and it's plug and play. For a little dearer than a good set of standard bulbs I wouldn't be so bothered. I'd be more pissed if i'd have paid for £150+ for a kit that looks the same when opened up. ;)

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Hid fit all cars, not just MK1 Leons.
Try asking in the general section as an Ibiza owner may have found a better deal, but you'll never hear about it asking Leon owners ;)

this is the second thread i have read in five minutes where you have been OTT with the thread starter, there is no need for it, every one is entitled to ask a question with out you jumping down their throat, i would think he posted on the leon section as he has a leon and not a Ibiza, i know this is a frequent topic but so what, if no body asked any questions that had been covered before life on here would be very dull.

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
this is the second thread i have read in five minutes where you have been OTT with the thread starter, there is no need for it, every one is entitled to ask a question with out you jumping down their throat, i would think he posted on the leon section as he has a leon and not a Ibiza, i know this is a frequent topic but so what, if no body asked any questions that had been covered before life on here would be very dull.
Firstly, it was a bit of friendly advice, not jumping down his throat.
My point (although i thought i made it in my original post) was that if another member of the forum had found a much better kit or a lower priced kit, but didn't own a leon, or read the leon section, the OP probably wouldn't hear about it, so could end up spending more than needed, or getting an inferior kit.
I have a Leon too, but that doesn't mean to say i would ask all my questions in this section.

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Firstly, it was a bit of friendly advice, not jumping down his throat.
My point (although i thought i made it in my original post) was that if another member of the forum had found a much better kit or a lower priced kit, but didn't own a Leon, or read the Leon section, the OP probably wouldn't hear about it, so could end up spending more than needed, or getting an inferior kit.
I have a Leon too, but that doesn't mean to say i would ask all my questions in this section.

I still dont see your point ( as i i didnt before) if it was me asking the question as i have a Leon and not an Ibiza, i would post in the Leon section as i know there are loads of Leon owners with hids, and i would expect to get enough opinions from them, so there is no need to post in the Ibiza section, that is all i was trying to say:p

Last edited:

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Ideally you would post in the general section as the HIDS will fit all the Seats and you'd get a wider response for deals people have found. Look at it the other way, peoples genuine MK1 questions are falling down the pages because topics of non mk1 specific Leon posts are in the forum. I'm sure most have been guilty of the odd one or two in the past, the thing is to try and limit it so new people to the site don't see it as the norm :).

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Ideally you would post in the general section as the HIDS will fit all the Seats and you'd get a wider response for deals people have found. Look at it the other way, peoples genuine MK1 questions are falling down the pages because topics of non mk1 specific Leon posts are in the forum. I'm sure most have been guilty of the odd one or two in the past, the thing is to try and limit it so new people to the site don't see it as the norm :).

Thanks Allan, glad someone gets it ;)

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Ok fine::blink:, is it widely known that all the hids kits fit the Leon? i would have thought that if you want hids that you would look for the ones for the Leon, i would, so if i was looking and saw a set specifically aimed at a BMW would it fit the Leon?, all i am saying is cut us some slack we are not all as informed as yourselves, if i was looking for any aftermarket items and wanted an opinion i would ask fellow Leon owners first, as it is not a general question it is Leon specific.:)