Infotainment 1969 update

Jun 20, 2023
Picked up from Seat today, who have updated the infotainment to 1969 and also updated the BCM firmware due to a fog light fault message.

Infotainment is noticeably faster, with lower latency on swipes and taps which is great. Carplay now uses a higher DPI, which means you can see more, but does make it harder to tap the buttons when driving (...but we should all be used to it now trying to tap the climate control!), think I preferred it before. Has also fixed a few faults with reboots etc, the usual. No gripes so far, what's everyone's experiences with 1969 so far?

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
What was the fog light error? I get the same on mine occasionally but have ‘fogs with high beams’ coded so I’ve always assumed it’s a quirk of that.

Jun 20, 2023
What was the fog light error? I get the same on mine occasionally but have ‘fogs with high beams’ coded so I’ve always assumed it’s a quirk of that.
Would occasionally flash up with an error “check right fog light.” Each time, I would stop, check it, confirm it hasn’t run off, and test it, would be working fine. Turn the car off and on, error went away. No fault codes either, so the technicians have put it down to a software fault. Sound similar?

Reactions: Alex667

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
Would occasionally flash up with an error “check right fog light.” Each time, I would stop, check it, confirm it hasn’t run off, and test it, would be working fine. Turn the car off and on, error went away. No fault codes either, so the technicians have put it down to a software fault. Sound similar?
Exactly the same thing…

spembo

Jun 4, 2022
I received the update OTA. Was on 1940 prior which got updated by dealer

Nov 14, 2023
Ik vind zelf installeren wel een beetje risicovol als ik hem niet zelf kan downloaden van een officiële site van vw groep

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
Anybody else noticed that Lane Assist is improved by the 1969 update? Before I've had to disable it every time I started the car, to stop false warnings to drive in the centre of the lane or it pulling the wheel the wrong way. Now it seems to be about right and can be left on, only warning on very sharp bends or when the car is genuinely too close to the lane edge.

It might just be because the whole system is more responsive and it can reach a conclusion faster?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise