Infotainment 1969 update

EVangelist

Feb 14, 2023
Hi, when I'm extracting the .rar archive, I get the message below. Has anyone else seen this?

Code:
Extracting  main.mnf.cks                                              OK
Extracting  main.mnf_cks_S.sig                                        OK
Extracting  1.969.0.mnf                                               OK

Would you like to replace the existing file 1.969.0.mnf
   392 bytes, modified on 2023-08-25 02:52
with a new one
   931 bytes, modified on 2023-08-25 02:52

[Y]es, [N]o, [A]ll, n[E]ver, [R]ename, [Q]uit q
Use
Code:
unrar x
instead of
Code:
unrar e

Feb 9, 2024
Hey Leon-folks,

I have Seat Leon 2021 with infotainment SW version: 1790.
I am about to manually update 1790->1899->1969, as following the internet rumors, 1969 provides significant performance improvement.

Update instruction says, that as the last step I need to disable "software version management". Will it affect "Over The Air" updates in the future? My car is out of warranty already, still received a couple of OTA updates during the last year (no warranty support), but for the big SW updates I need to pay extra by dealer.

As well, is that critical to use only usb-c stick or usb-c adaptop will work? I have done usb-c adapter + stick setup and updated Navigation Maps successfully already.

Best Regards

EVangelist

Feb 14, 2023
I am about to manually update 1790->1899->1969, as following the internet rumors, 1969 provides significant performance improvement.
There is a 1940 between 1899 and 1969, have you confirmed it's ok to jump over that one?

I have not noticed any performance improvement in 1969 over 1940 (but I don't use Android Auto or CarPlay).

I also updated maps successfully with a USB adaptor, but I bought a USB-C stick for the software update (I had nothing large enough anyway).

Reactions: Asting
Feb 9, 2024
There is a 1940 between 1899 and 1969, have you confirmed it's ok to jump over that one?

I have not noticed any performance improvement in 1969 over 1940 (but I don't use Android Auto or CarPlay).

I also updated maps successfully with a USB adaptor, but I bought a USB-C stick for the software update (I had nothing large enough anyway).
I ordered the SW from: https://eastyorkshireretrofits.co.u...n-kl-2021/products/mib3-software-updates-seat
They said I need to follow the order 1790->1899->1969 and I have got corresponding files from them.

As I understood, you can jump over the minor version updates (1901, 1902... etc, 1969) but need to install updates for major versions one by one 17xx->18xx->19xx.

Reactions: EVangelist

Antera

Update from 17xx to any 18xx and then to 1969 without any problems. Usb usbc stick or adapter. Ota updates will still come when the are availible

Iff wifi and no wireless fulllink it can be coded after the updates

Last edited:
Reactions: Asting
Feb 9, 2024
I ordered the SW from: https://eastyorkshireretrofits.co.u...n-kl-2021/products/mib3-software-updates-seat
They said I need to follow the order 1790->1899->1969 and I have got corresponding files from them.

As I understood, you can jump over the minor version updates (1901, 1902... etc, 1969) but need to install updates for major versions one by one 17xx->18xx->19xx.
To share my experience:

Today I manually updated my Infotainment Software in two steps: 1790 to 1899 and then from 1899 to 1969. Files for both updated I got from the link above. I have used usb-a stick with adapter, however I do recommend USB-C sticker(!) in the sake of connection stability reasons.

After each of those manual update, minor OTA updates arrived immediately. Android Auto works fine after both of those updates too.
I have not found any option to disable "Software Version Control" in menu, so I don't know if its important or really required at the end.

Infotainment has really quicker response in comparison to 1790. Sum-up after the 60 min usage.

Feb 9, 2024
There is no menu option for it. 😀
Do you mean its only accessible via scans like OBDeleven?
Beside the potential error in the error scanner (which I dont have anyway), is there any important reason to get "Software Version Control" disabled?
Regards

barry7377

Feb 4, 2022
To share my experience:

Today I manually updated my Infotainment Software in two steps: 1790 to 1899 and then from 1899 to 1969. Files for both updated I got from the link above. I have used usb-a stick with adapter, however I do recommend USB-C sticker(!) in the sake of connection stability reasons.

After each of those manual update, minor OTA updates arrived immediately. Android Auto works fine after both of those updates too.
I have not found any option to disable "Software Version Control" in menu, so I don't know if its important or really required at the end.

Infotainment has really quicker response in comparison to 1790. Sum-up after the 60 min usage.
Hi mate,

I am in the same boat as you with regards to having the 1790 software version. I am keen to do the upgrade that you carrie dout and as such I have a couple of questions that you, or the wider community, should be able to answer. These are as follows:

1 - what size of USB drive is required as I need to but a USB-C as you recommend.
2 - When you recieved the OTA updates, were you connected via your e-sim or via a phone used as hotspot or your house WiFi? I am asking this as I never seem to recieve many OTA updates and was wondering what the reason for this is. I cannot connect to my home WiFi as it is too far away from where I park and I have started today to use my phone as a hotspot to see if that makes any difference to connectivity.

I am glad to se ethat your update went smoothly and I look forward to readign your responses on the above.

Cheers.

Feb 9, 2024
Hi mate,

I am in the same boat as you with regards to having the 1790 software version. I am keen to do the upgrade that you carrie dout and as such I have a couple of questions that you, or the wider community, should be able to answer. These are as follows:

1 - what size of USB drive is required as I need to but a USB-C as you recommend.
2 - When you recieved the OTA updates, were you connected via your e-sim or via a phone used as hotspot or your house WiFi? I am asking this as I never seem to recieve many OTA updates and was wondering what the reason for this is. I cannot connect to my home WiFi as it is too far away from where I park and I have started today to use my phone as a hotspot to see if that makes any difference to connectivity.

I am glad to se ethat your update went smoothly and I look forward to readign your responses on the above.

Cheers.
Hi,

The firmware size for Infotainment is around 10 GB, so minimum required stick is 16 GB. I have performed a Navigation Maps update (29Gb) prior to the Infotainment update, to test if my usb setup works correctly, so I have used my usb stick for 32 Gb anyway.
(link for official Navi maps: https://www.seat.de/kontakt/downloads/map-updates/neuer-leon)

I always was connected with e-sim and I dont have any additional Data Subscribtion plan. Previously, I received only few OTA updates in 3 years and now I was a bit surprised to see such fast OTA after update, its seems to be minor updates related to the seat account and policies management.

Good luck with your updates!

barry7377

Feb 4, 2022
Hi,

The firmware size for Infotainment is around 10 GB, so minimum required stick is 16 GB. I have performed a Navigation Maps update (29Gb) prior to the Infotainment update, to test if my usb setup works correctly, so I have used my usb stick for 32 Gb anyway.
(link for official Navi maps: https://www.seat.de/kontakt/downloads/map-updates/neuer-leon)

I always was connected with e-sim and I dont have any additional Data Subscribtion plan. Previously, I received only few OTA updates in 3 years and now I was a bit surprised to see such fast OTA after update, its seems to be minor updates related to the seat account and policies management.

Good luck with your updates!
thanks pal.

barry7377

Feb 4, 2022
To share my experience:

Purchased today and just waiting on my USB-C being delivered.

Can I ask you how long each update took for you?

MR T

Jul 10, 2004
BOONDOCKS
So I have this update got it onto a USB c stick all fine and well. I plug it into the car and nothing?
I've checked the stick it has both files on it. I followed the instructions but nothing is loading up.

This is the right screen?

MR T

Jul 10, 2004
BOONDOCKS
Is it this screen?

Attachments

• 1707940932887458855040636404026.jpg
    1707940932887458855040636404026.jpg
    437.2 KB · Views: 124
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.