Infotainment 1969 update

Herencia

Feb 10, 2024
Wonderfull, thirst update to 1899 is done...next step is 1969 now...
Thank you to everyone who answer to my questions....👍

Reactions: barry7377

Herencia

Feb 10, 2024
And it's done....😁

Attachments

• IMG_1842.jpeg
    IMG_1842.jpeg
    535.6 KB · Views: 205

MR T

Jul 10, 2004
BOONDOCKS
So the woman on the voice control who ignored everything I asked her to do has been replaced. I now have a serious sounding man who still doesnt do what I ask and answers back like he knows better.

Feb 26, 2024
how do i go about updating my software? ive connected to Home wifi and phone hotspot but no updates appear. Thanks

Device part number: 5FA035862K
Hardware:H56
Software:A896
Display unit/control panel hardware:H39
Display unit/control panel software:3074

ruidebraga

May 31, 2023
Hello, yesterday I left my car at the dealership to update the infotainment system.
It has version 1790, and they would update it to version 1960.
They would first have to update it to version 18XX

I left the car at around 9:30 am, and at around 3 pm I received a call from them.
They apologized, but said they had tried to update it several times but the system always refused.
It seems like the update is going to be done, a message appears that it is completed, but then it was not done.
The dealer sent a support request to SEAT in Spain, and they were waiting for their response.
They told me that as a rule they respond to support requests within 2 hours, but given the time difference between Portugal and Spain, any response from them would no longer come in time for something to be done yesterday.

I have never performed any intervention on my own with the infotainment system. The only thing I changed/updated were the navigation system maps, using a pen, as indicated on the SEAT website.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

This has to have a solution, right? I cannot accept that the dealer, an official representative of the brand, tells me that he cannot carry out the update.
That doesn't make any sense.

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
It's not unknown, if you search here you will find similar. It could be a faulty module somewhere, or even just turning it off and then on again to solve it.

ruidebraga

May 31, 2023
It's not unknown, if you search here you will find similar. It could be a faulty module somewhere, or even just turning it off and then on again to solve it.

Hello, when it comes to turning off, isn't it the process of pressing the sound button for a few seconds, until the system restarts?
I do this from time to time, when the system has a problem.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
I meant to remove the battery from the vehicle, wait an hour and then retry the update.

ruidebraga

May 31, 2023
Well, I hope the dealer knows all these procedures...

ruidebraga

May 31, 2023
Now more seriously, they have to present a solution, right?
I cannot accept, even if it has to be replaced whatever it is, that the car simply refuses the infotainment system update.

Antera

Hello, yesterday I left my car at the dealership to update the infotainment system.
It has version 1790, and they would update it to version 1960.
They would first have to update it to version 18XX

I left the car at around 9:30 am, and at around 3 pm I received a call from them.
They apologized, but said they had tried to update it several times but the system always refused.
It seems like the update is going to be done, a message appears that it is completed, but then it was not done.
The dealer sent a support request to SEAT in Spain, and they were waiting for their response.
They told me that as a rule they respond to support requests within 2 hours, but given the time difference between Portugal and Spain, any response from them would no longer come in time for something to be done yesterday.

I have never performed any intervention on my own with the infotainment system. The only thing I changed/updated were the navigation system maps, using a pen, as indicated on the SEAT website.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

This has to have a solution, right? I cannot accept that the dealer, an official representative of the brand, tells me that he cannot carry out the update.
That doesn't make any sense.

They do it wrong i think. They need to update first to 1899 or similar adn then to 1969. Iff they update first to 1803/1810 it cant be updated to 1969

ruidebraga

May 31, 2023
They do it wrong i think. They need to update first to 1899 or similar adn then to 1969. Iff they update first to 1803/1810 it cant be updated to 1969

From what I realized, they can't even update version 1790..

Yesterday when they called me, I commented that it would have to be done in two stages, first for an 18XX version, and only then for the 1960 version.
They replied that they knew that. I really hope you know..

ruidebraga

May 31, 2023
dealers arn't that smart most off the time :)

I now

I'm sorry. In my previous message I wanted to say that I hope they (the dealer) really know what they are doing, but I wrote that I hope you know..

ruidebraga

May 31, 2023
I just received a phone call from the dealership.
They asked me to leave the car for another day. They still haven't been able to understand why the system doesn't accept the update and they are in communication with the factory in Spain trying to understand why.
I said I'd rather the car stay there until this is resolved.

I believe that with the SEAT factory involved, the problem will be resolved.
If hardware needs to be replaced, they take care of it, correct?
I bought the car from this dealership 10 months ago, with an 18 month warranty. It was a service vehicle.

ruidebraga

May 31, 2023
Hi all,
I got my car back today afternoon, and all went well :)
I toke sometime, but the dealership found the problem and manage to update the infotainment system to version 1969 :)

ruidebraga

May 31, 2023
Anything new in this version?

Hello, it's faster when starting and using.
You can see Immediately the difference to the version I had.
It also seems to me that the definition of the screen is superior, but without certainties.