Infotainment Resetting, Virtual Cockpit Resetting, Numerous Errors - Any Help?

Chrispy

Oct 6, 2018
Just FYI. My car VZ2 '21 plate, had two of these units in 2022. It was then back with the dealer by June 2022 and after waiting six weeks with no sign of progress on a third I rejected the car - Cupra were very good in resolving although the process took a couple of months.
In the meantime, I'd placed a SORN on the car. It was November 2022 before I got a ping on the app to say I'd been removed from the car, I assumed that meant the part had been fitted, but I have no proof of that. January 2023 the car still shows with the SORN in place, meaning it remains off the road - if it is now fully functional I can't see it hanging around as otherwise a really good car to drive.
I have to agree with posts above, the 5F may be the failing part but something else in the car is bringing it down, either that or its so seriously close to its service parameters when in use it takes nothing to push it over the edge.

If I'd paid cash for the car I would have rejected it by now.

Mine is a lease so I'm a bit stuck as if I did reject, I wouldn't get anything remotely similar for the same price.

They can't get a replacement due to the delays in build.

I am at least putting miles on someone else's car at the moment!

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
TBH if I’d known more in advance of how flakey this software was, I wouldn’t have touched it with a barge pole. It’s a lovely car, but the constant feeling of “what’s going to happen next” ruins the new car experience. Also a “new” car shouldn’t need to be booked into the dealership to have parts replaced twice in the first 2 months of ownership :(

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
The dealer is probably about a mile from HQ so this would be relatively easy!
You would think maybe the 'local' dealer would be better at resolving things having closer contact with manufacturer staff and their vehicles.

Reactions: Seriously?

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
You would think maybe the 'local' dealer would be better at resolving things having closer contact with manufacturer staff and their vehicles.
Maybe, but only if there is anyone who really, actually knows how to fix it, or are just making it up as they go along :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: Yern

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
Just to bring this thread back from the beyond, My VZ2 Delivery date of October '22 has been in to the dealers with the exact same issue., My dealer is saying that its the 5F Body Control Module that decided it didn't want to body control anymore. Its been in with them for 1 month but the dealership are not getting any info from the factory when the new unit will be manufactured and sent out.

The dealership have given me a Formentor 245 until the BCM is sent out. Went to pick some stuff up out of the Leon that had been left in there, half the dashboard is currently out whilst waiting on the new unit.

Perhaps this may be of some assistance to others who are having the same issue.
Can I ask what the fault was. Did the screen do reset and did you have SOS errors. Wondering why the dealer is changing the infotainment unit

Chrispy

Oct 6, 2018
The issue is that the central screen resets itself every 30s or so, and then gives up and stays off after about 5 tries.

This then gives a load of warning messages on the dash as you have no parking sensors, SOS communication etc.

I actually got my car back today so the countdown to the problem coming back has started! This repair took 2.5 months to get the part rather than 6 months the first time. Dealer suggested that if the problem comes back there isn't any more they can do without a proper fix from VW.

Feb 21, 2022
I’ve got A leon hybrid that at the moment has a tendency to restart the infotainment every couple of drives.

It’s also completely reset everything just once but hasn’t done it again since.

its just been in the garage where they’ve updated the software and it doesn’t appear to have resolved the issue.

Is this likely to get worse?

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
I’ve got A leon hybrid that at the moment has a tendency to restart the infotainment every couple of drives.

It’s also completely reset everything just once but hasn’t done it again since.

its just been in the garage where they’ve updated the software and it doesn’t appear to have resolved the issue.

Is this likely to get worse?
I get the random reboot, it seems to happen after a few mins of start up, it only started to happen since the last ota update in late January. I’ve had the latest firmware 1898 but that had made no difference. Seat dealer and seat uk don’t seem to have an answer! Be nice if they just said they are aware of the problem and hopefully have a fix soon. But you just get you are on the latest firmware! Like they think it’s perfect firmware! It’s the worst Vag have done.

Feb 21, 2022
I get the random reboot, it seems to happen after a few mins of start up, it only started to happen since the last ota update in late January. I’ve had the latest firmware 1898 but that had made no difference. Seat dealer and seat uk don’t seem to have an answer! Be nice if they just said they are aware of the problem and hopefully have a fix soon. But you just get you are on the latest firmware! Like they think it’s perfect firmware! It’s the worst Vag have done.

It's been in twice now for the same issue; each time they've done updates or said they have done and its made no difference, if anything it's started doing it more frequently.. this week has been terrible for it, including a full reset of the system twice, so having to re add all my favorites and reset the quick access short cuts..

Last time it was in the dealers they did acknowledge that it is a problem and that its affecting most cars on their forecourt..

I love the car, but this is the only thing that is letting it down at the moment

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
It's been in twice now for the same issue; each time they've done updates or said they have done and its made no difference, if anything it's started doing it more frequently.. this week has been terrible for it, including a full reset of the system twice, so having to re add all my favorites and reset the quick access short cuts..

Last time it was in the dealers they did acknowledge that it is a problem and that its affecting most cars on their forecourt..

I love the car, but this is the only thing that is letting it down at the moment
I have been talking to the dealer and apparently vw know of the issue and are working on a software fix and think this will be 1900 so how long this will be the dealer didn’t know.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I have been talking to the dealer and apparently vw know of the issue and are working on a software fix and think this will be 1900 so how long this will be the dealer didn’t know.
There’s a forum member over on the Golf R forum who’s recently taken delivery of their new mk8 R and it has software version 1900 from the factory.

Jul 5, 2022
There’s a forum member over on the Golf R forum who’s recently taken delivery of their new mk8 R and it has software version 1900 from the factory.
Are other VAG vehicles using the same software and having similar problems?

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Are other VAG vehicles using the same software and having similar problems?
Judging by forum activity on Golf forums, the mk8 Golf has suffered many of the same software issues that have affected the Leon.

I think that all current generation VAG cars that share the MQB platform essentially have the same or very similar software, so commonality / similarity of software-related issues and gremlins doesn’t come as a surprise. I dare say there will be similar discussion threads to this one on Audi and Skoda discussion forums too.

Jul 5, 2022
Judging by forum activity on Golf forums, the mk8 Golf has suffered many of the same software issues that have affected the Leon.

I think that all current generation VAG cars that share the MQB platform essentially have the same or very similar software, so commonality / similarity of software-related issues and gremlins doesn’t come as a surprise. I dare say there will be similar discussion threads to this one on Audi and Skoda discussion forums too.
Ta, as I've still got an A3 I'm on Audi-sport.net and not seen any complaints but the A3 e-tron section is pretty quiet, maybe their owners are more active elsewhere.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Ta, as I've still got an A3 I'm on Audi-sport.net and not seen any complaints but the A3 e-tron section is pretty quiet, maybe their owners are more active elsewhere.
Maybe try an internet search on ‘Audi software issues’ and ‘Skoda software issues’?

As for the mk8 Golf, there’s a (currently) 244 page discussion thread that was started two years ago on software gremlins over on the Golf R forum; most - if not all - of the issues in that discussion thread will be relevant to other (non-R) Golf models too.

Jul 5, 2022
Maybe try an internet search on ‘Audi software issues’ and ‘Skoda software issues’?

As for the mk8 Golf, there’s a (currently) 244 page discussion thread that was started two years ago on software gremlins over on the Golf R forum; most - if not all - of the issues in that discussion thread will be relevant to other (non-R) Golf models too.
Good point. What with my disastrous experiment a couple of weeks ago with a Polestar (Spoiler alert: fine car, not nearly enough motorway chargers) looks like electric propulsion's off the agenda for me for a few years yet. Just need the 16 year old A3 to keep going long enough.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise