Initialising the seat position memory

Fencer60

Jun 5, 2022
Meon Valley, Hampshire, UK.
On page 114 of the latest version of the manual, it says:

The position memory system must be restarted if, for example, the driver seat has been changed.

Restarting deletes all memories and assignments for the seat with position memory. The memory keys can then be programmed again.

- Open the driver door and do not get into the vehicle.
- Operating the seat settings from outside the vehicle.
- Tilt the backrest fully forward.
- Release the control to set the angle and then press again until an audible warning is heard.

Has anyone ever actually got this working per the instructions? I feel like I’m missing a trick somewhere. I got some weirdness going on with my seat and want to see if a reset makes any difference.

TIA

Cvpra

Mar 11, 2023
Not sure I understand your question but if my gf has been driving (memory seat button 3). Before I get in I press button 1 and it automatically adjusts for me at the one press (and let go) of button 1.

However if I reverse the above, ie she wants it in her position, it won’t automatically move forward until she is sat in the car and then presses and holds button 3.

Fencer60

Jun 5, 2022
Meon Valley, Hampshire, UK.
Not sure I understand your question
By initialise, I mean reset all of the memory settings, which the manual implies can be done.

The instructions above don’t work for me on my VZN, and they didn’t work on my VZ2, either.

Pretty sure it’s a user error on my part and I’m missing something obvious, though.

Jimbo

Jul 19, 2023
for anyone that pretty much gave up on this like i did, i managed to fix it.

Had all but given up on the 'moving the seat to its extremes' method but gave it another go.

1. ignition on first setting.
2. stood outside the car
3. cycled the seat forward all the way
4. tilted the seat back all the way
5.pushed the seat down all the way
6.full extension of the lumbar setting forward and down
7.reversed all of that the other direction to the extreme

did it about 5 times. I never heard the ping sound that people talk about but when i went to use the memory setting success!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.