Insurance Hike For Revo?

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
There would have to be a MAJOR issue for the dealer to have to rip out the ecu to check those logs in all fairness. Also I will be getting all my servicing done at work as we are a VAT registered and VW approved workshop. hehehehehehehehhehe

Apr 9, 2009
Six if you count the odd shot of the wing mirror :p lol Yeah was a good meet, if i can i'll head down again no doubt at the end of April, would be good to have more members down there as a mini meet.

collegeboy09

Moving along with 215bhp
Sep 18, 2009
Northants
I'd come along. Not quite the bocanegra. Only an FR but I'm up for it. Got my car sorted for a decent suspension set up too now seein as theres no exhaust for the FR yet

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
The joys of the sps switch innit? hehehehehehehe

the SPS DOES not return your car to its stock map. What it does is turn down the settings of your REVO map so that it emulates the performance of the standard map.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
I always declare everything. My insurance was £450 this year with Admiral. I've left **********.

Last edited:

jamandspoon81

Aug 13, 2007
A mate of mine didn't declare a cat back and smashed his car,the insurance didn't pay out a penny because of it.

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
Even with the sps switch there will probably be a log of turbo boost pressure in the memory of the ecu i would of thought???

Nope wont log anything at all.

There would have to be a MAJOR issue for the dealer to have to rip out the ecu to check those logs in all fairness. Also I will be getting all my servicing done at work as we are a VAT registered and VW approved workshop. hehehehehehehehhehe

If its like the Denso units we use then it will be very easy to detect the remap just by comparing the file to the car config thats on the database for it at VW, it takes 2 mins and would flash up immediatley.

But again they would have to be looking for it.

Sep 2, 2010
Leeds
Im planning on telling my insurance about the Forge BOV, REVO and Coilies at the end of this month when I turn 20, hope they dont ask tooo much more :(

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.