Intake Pipe Fit - TDI

dirk1978

Mar 25, 2009
I can't remember if this pipe looked like this before I started messing. Does everyone elses look like this? Is the joint meant to be semi-rigid?

inlet_pipe.jpeg

I took it off to clean the intake with carb/intake cleaner today and it's perished the rubber seal that goes in there. It's still sealing(ish) but I think I'm losing a slight bit of boost.

chris4500uk

Nov 25, 2008
Near Middlesbrough
Its half hanging out.

Take the metal clip off then shove the pipe in all the way and re-insert metal clip.

If it keeps happening you'll need a new clip and/or pipe.

dirk1978

Mar 25, 2009
I have, it keeps coming out. Bah hope I don't need a new pipe. Could I have the clip in backwards?

chris4500uk

Nov 25, 2008
Near Middlesbrough
The clip will only fit one way, it sits in grooves.

Just get rid of the EGR valve and replace the whole lot with new pipes that won't come loose :)

Plus your intake won't clog and you'll get less smoke.

dirk1978

Mar 25, 2009
The clip will only fit one way, it sits in grooves.

Just get rid of the EGR valve and replace the whole lot with new pipes that won't come loose :)

Plus your intake won't clog and you'll get less smoke.

Is the thing that looks a bit like a fuel pressure regulator the EGR?

Any places I can get the correct replacement pipes from?

Bondiblu

Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2007
Cheshire
Is the thing that looks a bit like a fuel pressure regulator the EGR?

Any places I can get the correct replacement pipes from?

My TDI 130 sport did the same, where that pipe is coming adrift is the EGR valve. I had to get the replacement part from the dealers, and while you there, replace the clip too.

I went through a stage of boost pipes popping off, ended up replacing 3 different sections. They are not cheap for what they are.

Allard do a EGR delete if that helps, I just replaced the standard connection though.

Last edited:

dirk1978

Mar 25, 2009
Yup, had a closer look at how the clip holds the pipe and the lug at the rear is sheared off. Ordered a new one for £32+vat from the stealers.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.