Intercooler pipe weeping Oil

benhampshire

Jun 29, 2008
Barnoldswick
HI All,

I have done research, read some of the existing threads and i'm just after some advice/help.

I noticed the other day the engine temperature sits a little higher than it (top side of 90) and there is some oil, as you look a the front of the car,passenger side underneath where there is quite a big pipe going into the intercooler.

Looking underneath you can see oil has seeped down and is on the protective plastic underneath the car.

Reading the other threads this is quite common when clips wear out the actual groove smooths out and it can pop off.

On the diagram of the pd150 pipework posted here:seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=179506[/url]

I believe it to be pipe number 17 with clips 2 & 3 at a guess its leaking a tthe intercooler connection.
Any ideas on cost and if it simple to do?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers lads/lasses.

Last edited:

george130

Mar 6, 2008
Norfolk
I think that a little oil weeping is normal, as its the lowest point in the loop so oil tends to collect there and leak out. I dont know about replacement so sorry I cant help on that one!

benhampshire

Jun 29, 2008
Barnoldswick
That pipe is a little over £40 from seat
Glynn

Cheers Glynn, i orderd the part from tedjohnson where i got the car from and they will post it out - get scn discount too!

Downside is gave the car a proper inspection and it appears the pipe at the other side (drivers side) is doing exactly the same - doh!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.