Intercooler Piping Upgrade

CupraJimbo

Nov 30, 2007
I'm after upgrading the intercooler piping on my MK4 Ibiza Cupra but can't find a lot kicking about at present in terms of off the shelf kits.

Its the standard FMIC but the car has a turbo back Milltek, 57i Kit, Forge 007 and Forge intake pipe as well as a Custom Code remap.

Any suggestions are most welcome!!

Thanks
Jimbo

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
Got to make most of it out of bits and get a forge 63mm MAP pipe. The throttle body hose is a hard one to make. Could try a 45mm degree silicone pipe into the for map pipe, then a 135 silicone pipe to a straight metal one to a small silicone onto the intercooler.

Trial and error really.

Or sketch it out first and think about it.

Last edited:

Breezapom

mk4 ibiza fr 20vt
Jan 12, 2006
Hampshire
I got there kit on my petrol car fits fine intact I didn't need all the bits they sent see my readers ride for a pic

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
hmm, good point. It's not listed on their website anymore, at least not that I can see.

I dont think they're making it for the SS intercooler anymore cos they're making a intercooler of their own that's meant to be as good as SS so they'll want you to just buy that whole setup instead....

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
I dont think they're making it for the SS intercooler anymore cos they're making a intercooler of their own that's meant to be as good as SS so they'll want you to just buy that whole setup instead....

Looks like custom pipework then... who would buy a Forge intercooler for £500+ quid (prob more) when you can go to a dealers and get an SS one which fits the car with no modding and costs half as much!

gus

Jun 27, 2006
what i wana know as im lookig to ge the standard 160tdi cupra intercooler would the forge piping kit fit onto that standard intercooler , does anyone know???

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Looks like custom pipework then... who would buy a Forge intercooler for £500+ quid (prob more) when you can go to a dealers and get an SS one which fits the car with no modding and costs half as much!

Cos that means Forge wont make as much money! And they'll want you to get rid of the SS cooler and buy their ridiculously overpriced not as good setup instead! :whistle:

basssound

May 31, 2007
Rotherham, South Yorkshire!
Cos that means Forge wont make as much money! And they'll want you to get rid of the SS cooler and buy their ridiculously overpriced not as good setup instead! :whistle:

Eh the SS cooler is £300, the piping from forge is over £300.
Forge intercooler setup with an intercooler which let's face facts is about the same size in the core and just about exactly the same efficiency comes in at £630.
It fits and requires no faffing about with and it works well!

I've also heard the SS cooler is a right nightmare to fit with the two brackets that are required to fit it.

Breezapom

mk4 ibiza fr 20vt
Jan 12, 2006
Hampshire
It took me half hour to an hour to fit my ss intercooler that included putting bumper back on etc and i'm no mechanic

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.