Interior Lighting..... (with pics)

GunnerCP

Jul 24, 2009
London
Hi Guys,
I know it's not new or original and much the same as Mikes and others on the listed foreign Leon forums. Anyway, today I got around to changing the lighting on the centre console part and the switches near the handbrake. I'll be changing the mirror ones in a couple of days as they are different led's that I didnt have, as was the headlight/foglight switch unit but think i'll leave that alone unless I get a spare to play with. All in all it cost less than £40 including the soldering iron, solder, pliers, tweezers and solder tip cleaner/tin.

Probably took about 2 - 3 hours, hardest part was taking the car apart I suppose. Managed to lose one of the fins on the climate control vents, I know roughly where it is but cant get to it (behind centre cosole at centre part of dash, almost got it but couldn't hold on to it! :cry:

I was debating if I should keep the screens red or change to blue, I think I prefer red but might be of use if anyone was wondering what it would look like. I'll be changing it back to red soon I think.

Oh and if you read the guide that says you need a Torx 4 screwdriver, I didn't, it was Torx 6 fyi.

anyway, here's the pictures......

P1020074.jpg
[/IMG]

P1020079.jpg
[/IMG]

P1020081.jpg
[/IMG]

P1020089.jpg
[/IMG]

and a better one of the roof leds

P1020087.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

dkaric

Mar 19, 2008
Croatia
you should go for uniform lighting, make it all white, all blue or leave it red.
this way it looks like something chinese :)

GunnerCP

Jul 24, 2009
London
you should go for uniform lighting, make it all white, all blue or leave it red.
this way it looks like something chinese :)

if you actually bothered reading what I wrote I said I was changing it back to red, I took the pictures of each so people could decide which they prefer if they were wondering..... :clap:

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Looks really good, I wouldnt have the nerve to try it so good on ya. I like the blue lighting looks very VW. The white is my 2nd fave followed by the Red.

Good job. :)

ps could try claret and blue :whistle:

Aug 16, 2007
Wolverhampton
I like the blue/red on the heater controls, for the screen to switch between blue and red at a set temperature would be cool - but ALOT of work.

GunnerCP

Jul 24, 2009
London
the bue screen has gone now and the switch panel with the mirrors, esp, lock etc etc has been sorted.

Pheo

Sep 11, 2009
You can buy flexible / bendy metal "grabber" arms, which might help you recover your vent. Designed for rescuing screws I think, but could work!

GunnerCP

Jul 24, 2009
London
You can buy flexible / bendy metal "grabber" arms, which might help you recover your vent. Designed for rescuing screws I think, but could work!

yea thanks for that Pheo, I've given up with it now though.... I've contacted breakers to see how much the unit would be and i'll just take the slat off.

There's too much wiring and what not there so dont think I'd be able to get to it.

Seat are taking my dash out though soon so guess they might spot it.....

it's annoying to look at though

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise