Interior seat change. HELP NEEDED!

Feb 14, 2021
What seats fit straight into the Mrk 2 Leon’s? finding it hard to get a set, will the MRK 3 leather seats fit in ?

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
What seats fit straight into the Mrk 2 Leon’s? finding it hard to get a set, will the MRK 3 leather seats fit in ?
I would say they will as it was mostly cosmetic changes on the MK3. You could possibly use the current MK2 runners on the MK3 base as another option.

t0m_t0m

Aug 9, 2020
Hull
I would say they will as it was mostly cosmetic changes on the MK3. You could possibly use the current MK2 runners on the MK3 base as another option.
The mk2 is on the PQ35 chassis, the mk3 is on the MQB chassis, there is a lot more than just cosmetic changes. The cars have different dimensions the mk2 being longer but narrower, but having a shorter wheelbase.

Reactions: jcbmally
Feb 14, 2021
The mk2 is on the PQ35 chassis, the mk3 is on the MQB chassis, there is a lot more than just cosmetic changes. The cars have different dimensions the mk2 being longer but narrower, but having a shorter wheelbase.
So you don’t reckon the seats will fit in ?

Feb 14, 2021
Do you know of anyone who has leather seats in a Mrk 2 that maybe knows what fits in and what doesn’t. I’ve heard that the MRK 5 golf seats are meant to fit straight into them but not sure.

t0m_t0m

Aug 9, 2020
Hull
So you don’t reckon the seats will fit in ?
They might, but they might not, I wouldn't splash the cash without being certain. They'd definitely go in if you were good a metal work and needed to change mounts/runners/etc. There is also the issue with wiring the seat belts as there may be changes there.

Reactions: 300bhpdaily

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
I stand corrected.

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
I kept thinking MK3 was the facelift MK2, my bad.

Pete77

Nov 28, 2020
I’ve just put a set of mk5 golf R32 leathers in my 2011 Fr. Straight swap. Just had to trim the yellow plug to make the plugs slot together. That took seconds. Fitting the seats took 20
0F91BF4E-25DB-420D-9B58-F8E4A5863C07.jpeg
minutes or so.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
That actually looks really smart. Fair play. Would the rear bench fit as well do you know?

Pete77

Nov 28, 2020
I thought about that. I think I’ll hydro dip the plastics but not sure whether black or carbon.

Mar 11, 2021
I’ve just put a set of mk5 golf R32 leathers in my 2011 Fr. Straight swap. Just had to trim the yellow plug to make the plugs slot together. That took seconds. Fitting the seats took 20 View attachment 22197 minutes or so.

Do you know if facelift and prefacelift seats are interchangeable or are they on different runners/plugs etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pete77

Nov 28, 2020
I believe they are. Someone has just bought my old seats for a pre fl Leon.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.