Interior Styling advice please

ollie_C

Hi all,

Ive got a standard ibiza 1.4 reference mk4...i want to start doing up the interior but dont really know where to start...:confused:

Ive seen some dash replacement kits, to change the stereo surround, and dials to silver...has anyone fitted one of these...feedback??

Id also like to change the dials, but havnt seen any that would match up properly...anyone know where i can get one...

Im also lookin at changin the colour of the backlights in the dash...How much of a pain in the a*s* is this?? i know some cars have fully soldered LEDs, makin this a 5 hr job!! :(

If anyones got any other suggestions id luv to hear em...

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
Hi all,

Ive got a standard ibiza 1.4 reference mk4...i want to start doing up the interior but dont really know where to start...:confused:

Ive seen some dash replacement kits, to change the stereo surround, and dials to silver...has anyone fitted one of these...feedback??

Id also like to change the dials, but havnt seen any that would match up properly...anyone know where i can get one...

Im also lookin at changin the colour of the backlights in the dash...How much of a pain in the a*s* is this?? i know some cars have fully soldered LEDs, makin this a 5 hr job!! :(

If anyones got any other suggestions id luv to hear em...

i would suggest the chorme gearknob and air vent rings and a w8 light to brighten things up.

the ibizas do have a fully LED cluster so its a nightmare to change the bulbs. to change the dial;s is a git to as the clusters are glued shut

jwilkinson

Oct 12, 2008
just go for the tried and tested interior mods:

chrome surrounds for gaiter and vents, seat sport gear knob, cupra handbrake cover, tt pedals.

Also maybe a glovebox light, I've been meaning to look into that for a while...

ollie_C

thanks guys...

how do i go about changing the gear handle and handbrake grip?? they both appear to be glued on!!

Can they only be replaced with Seat mods or can universal parts be fitted??

Do you have any good (cheap) sources for parts?

jwilkinson

Oct 12, 2008
Cupra handbrake cover part no. is 6LL711461SHG, its a two second mod, theres a small tab on the underside of the original cover, about where you little finger would be when you use it, pull that out with a flat screwdriver and the whole lot slides off :).

I dunno about universal ones, never tried.

The gearknob is again easy, just take off the gear gaiter by feeling through the material in front of the knob. Then theres a small metal clip underneath which holds the knob in place.

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
i just spray painted my vent rings silver as i dont like the chrome, wishing the S badge on the steering wheel was matt and not chrome too. If you dont like/be bother with soldering for the W8 interior light, go for a Passat/Golf where it has side map reading lights. Also there's the little center sunblind (if you aint got one factory fitted), and sunglasses holder where the driver's side grab handle is (much better location then the glovebox)

bizzaboy

thanks guys...

how do i go about changing the gear handle and handbrake grip?? they both appear to be glued on!!

Can they only be replaced with Seat mods or can universal parts be fitted??

Do you have any good (cheap) sources for parts?

You can also change the trims at the base of the Gear stick - front and back.
If you carefully push the base forward, it should release from the Console.

The trims can be a little tricky to pull off, as they have tabs underneath keeping them in place. Might need to get a knife or screwdriver wedged under the trim while you slide them off. Still, just a 5 minute job. :)

The chrome "upgrades" really dont make the interior look tacky at all.
They actually give it extra color and a bit of class.

The side air vents (by the doors) are easy to replace - However the centre 2 air vents are more tricky, but there are a few methods you can use to pull out the vent units to replace these.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.