Interior styling?

readiejr

Can anyone recommend some interior mods for my LCR?

I find the standard interior a bit bland and want to give it a little facelift :D

I think chrome detailing could go nice. I was thinking of little things like chrome gear gaiter surrounds or chrome dial surrounds etc.

Have been searching the internet and not been able to find a huge selection :(

Boz

LSE 16v
Feb 4, 2007
Wiltshire
i have seen some nice aluminium trim kits but theyre pricey and from abroad!, otherwise I ahve been looking into a W8 interior light, as i too am a newbie!

otherwise I am in the process of fitting a Vw gear nob and or a momo aftermarket one and ill post up any updates :)

cheers

Boz

LSE 16v
Feb 4, 2007
Wiltshire
how much to hire 'uncle fester' to do all this wiring ;) you look pretty good at it in your pic lol

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Honestly it's not that difficult, if you go to the guides section - Pabs wrote one on this - you can follow the wiring easily enough.

The biggest mistake people seem to make is to look at the wiring in one big lump - if you break it down wire by wire it's not that complicated.

I think the W8 light took me about 45 minutes to fit, the S3 vents were about an hour and a half - only reason it took that long was the routing of the wire behind the dash.

Hehehe you can hire me but i'm a lousy worker :D

Boz

LSE 16v
Feb 4, 2007
Wiltshire
lots of coffee breaks eh? lol well i shall have a go at the W8 then if that goes well ill takle the old vents , how much are the vents?

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Not sure - i paid £50 for the set off ebay ... i have the part numbers on the boxes at home still, but i'm sure the part numbers are in the leon FAQ on here too.

In fact if you're looking for stuff to do, that would be a good section to have a read through - Pabs and Vidar did a good job with the information there.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
The chrome speedo and other dial surrounds look good. Somebody here posted a pic of them fitted and they looked really smart but still quite subtle. Just enough to brighten up the dash a bit.

The other thing you could do is have some new dials custom made. Nothing chavvy, but something just to add a bit of brightness or class to the dash if you have the standard black?

Phil K

Here's your sign
Oct 18, 2004
Surrey darling...
Where can you get the dial surrounds from?

Have been looking for some but with no joy as yet... pics of them would be good too if anyone has them :D

Cheers

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Sad but true! Luckily though eBay has a built in protection against modifying.... the amount of crap on there! I get bored trying to wade through the pages and pages of tat and flashing neon lights or go faster 2p resistors so I give up and look elsewhere :lol:

meep meep

Jun 22, 2006
Sorry sorry just found the w8 part no.'s but cant get anything on the s3 vents!

Can the w8 light housing be got in black to suit the LCR???

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
Agree with the W8 suggestion. Considered the S3 vents myself but not done as yet. SEAT sport gear knob looks great but is pricey. Custom dead pedal covers to suit the LCR pedals. Decided myself not to go for other chrome dash/gear surround bits as I like things a bit more low-key.

Interior2.jpg

Interior4.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members