intermitant power loss

Kimmsy

hi guys i'm havin toruble with my ibiza 1.2 55 plate. its had this interminant fault since i've ad it and nobody seem to know wha it is. main dealer said it was power steering pump so tha was replaced but its now comming up with the same error which is abs and handbrake light come on briefly then go off untill something triggers it again.

it seems to b a power problem as when it was having a moment i flashed some1 on the road n everything went off for split second radio,lights on dash but engine was still running. garaged plugged it into computer n it said intermitant fault terminal 30. which is main feed any ideas how i can issolate where the fault is as i dont no if its the alternator or wiring..

many thanks
Kim

Kimmsy

hi guys i really need some advice now as its begining to do it more often but havent been able to pin point the problem yet it seems to b a low revs and wen there is a strain on power i.e. reversing, turning steering wheel etc.. every 3 months this problem has reappeared and i would like to get it sorted before i start spending money doing modifications.

car is due for both service and mot so might see if it can all b done at once and checked throughtly.

Any help welcomed

Kimmsy

btw guys i took car bk to seat and they had it for 2 n a half days tech guy looked at it and found out there was high resistance between wires tha connected battery to alternator. they replaced wires and ran it for a day driving to make sure the fault had been corrected. thankfully it has and after driving a hire car for 2 days (a crappy toyota aygo) it was so nice 2 actually ave my beast bk yay im so happy

Kimmsy

spoke to soon its gone again!! bk in to seat on tues :mad:
bless the guy behind the service desk he hid behind a paper wen he saw me n mum commin lol he sed "ur either buyin a car or its gone again." i said well cud b buyin if it it dnt get sorted lol

skyw

Just btw...Have you solved this problem?? Im having a similar one :( looking for some info on the internet to see how it can get solved. thanks!

benditchburn

Dear all

My girlfriend has a 2003 Ibiza and the following keeps happening whilst driving:

Brake pedal locks - she cannot depress the pedal, which gives no brakes - eek
EPC light comes on
engine light comes on
Car stalls
Steering occasionally goes

Obviously this is very worrying and I did my nut when I found out she was driving about with it like this (it seems to have happened at slow speeds - hence she is still with us). She took it into the dealership and they ran a diagnostic and came up with a faulty manifold sensor. That was replaced for £200 and off she went -only to find the same fault again, this time in the snow and she span the car - very worrying [:@]

So it is going back to the dealer tomorrow. Any thoughts on why this might be happening as the dealership seem a bit clueless to the point of dangerous and need a push in the right direction. I have noticed a lot of threads that point to the brake light switch under the brake pedal causing a multitude of ills, but nothing as extreme as this.

I also noticed one of the passenger side brake lights on when the car was parked the other day, with the lights off and the keys in the ignition, which again makes me think the brake light switch could be on the blink.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Ben

Kimmsy

Just btw...Have you solved this problem?? Im having a similar one :( looking for some info on the internet to see how it can get solved. thanks!

hey yer its sorted now for the time being took some1 from head office to come down and suggest replacing and re-earthing the wire between alternator and battery. mayb try tha if not and the dealership are a bit clueless ask for a tech guy from head office, they should ave more experience on the problem

Kimmsy

Dear all

My girlfriend has a 2003 Ibiza and the following keeps happening whilst driving:

Brake pedal locks - she cannot depress the pedal, which gives no brakes - eek
EPC light comes on
engine light comes on
Car stalls
Steering occasionally goes

Obviously this is very worrying and I did my nut when I found out she was driving about with it like this (it seems to have happened at slow speeds - hence she is still with us). She took it into the dealership and they ran a diagnostic and came up with a faulty manifold sensor. That was replaced for £200 and off she went -only to find the same fault again, this time in the snow and she span the car - very worrying [:@]

So it is going back to the dealer tomorrow. Any thoughts on why this might be happening as the dealership seem a bit clueless to the point of dangerous and need a push in the right direction. I have noticed a lot of threads that point to the brake light switch under the brake pedal causing a multitude of ills, but nothing as extreme as this.

I also noticed one of the passenger side brake lights on when the car was parked the other day, with the lights off and the keys in the ignition, which again makes me think the brake light switch could be on the blink.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Ben

think u posted in the wrong bit mate u want new topic and tbh im nt very good with tech troubles like tha so start a new topic and hopefully some1 can help u out althou may take few days for some1 to get bk 2 u. and as i said in post b4 if dealership seem bit clueless ask for head office tech to come and look. seems a lot of sensors go on these models so mayb its a faulty sensor....

Kimmsy

nope stopped it completely i had few other bits go wrong since thou so got rid before it cost me the earth. seems only havening 3 owners isnt a good thing as everythin under bonnet was seized took 3 hours jus to replace a brake calliper cause drive rod i think and other bits jus wudnt budge.

Collision

So was it just the earth wire they replaced or all the wires from the battery to the alternator ? Seat garage have had the car for 2 days and the fault has never happened for them yet or showen up on the computer! Typical !

Can you remember how much the cable cost to fix it as I was quoted £110 for the wires from the battery to the alternator. Cheers

Kimmsy

does the problem happen when u put strain on the engine, i tested it by puttin full beam lights on, put radio on, ave doors open, indicators on and turn ur steering wheel if all your lights dim quite drasticly or it starts beeping with all dash lights on its the same problem as me its the earth wire. when it has beeped at ya with the dash DO NOT TURN ENGINE OFF go to a garage with diagnostics it should show up the fault then.

Kimmsy

mine was just about covered by my 3 month warranty so didnt pay anything because problem happened in the 2 weeks after i brought it and wasnt fixed. my only prob was then too yong for a courtesy car :(

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.