Into the sun she rode V5 COBRA

nak

May 13, 2006
Into the sun she rode V5 COBRA, yep she's gone, did have alot of hassle getting someone to buy her, well not even that p/x with a Subaru Impreza classic WRX wagon, 46k import 240bhp with cash, this is not my next car, that was already at home, about 4 weeks ago....................................................wait for it.......................................Audi S3 2001, problem with me waste to much money on cars, leaving this one to standard spec, thats if i can help myself, lol, been a pleasure been with the Tolly crew, will try and keep popping back once in a while, I'm out of here :drive2:

Last edited by a moderator:

nak

May 13, 2006
I'm afraid the Seat Toledo's are not good sellers, after all i done to mine, i thought would get alot of interest and i did, from alot who just took the piss, still having messages now, have you still got it, unbeliveable they had the option to buy, even knocked price down, but it was just a waiting game and they lost out and i think some are :banghead: their heads against a brick wall now, my heads been everywhere lately, sold the turbo first, talking to my brother his mate works in a garage and they will not sell SEAT's, just lose out to much on them, so thats why i have gone the Audi way.
I loved my Tolly but when i saw the S3 i got that itch again, keeping this one mostly standard, helps on insurance, just getting a bit old now, lol.
WRX sounds really good, but i'm afraid not a Subaru Guy, so once logbook gets back, just get shot of it, hope i have not stepped on DPJ's toes again, try to word it , where i will not get into trouble, but i seem too and he comes along and basically :laser: me.
It's been good KEWE geting to know you on here and others, you know who you are, did have my Tolly nearly 3 years, record for me and i thank you for your friendship :cry:

nak

May 13, 2006
Just one of them things, time to move on, it was hard, but like i said we all get the itch :think:, something i wanted to do, but now i've done it and got it out of my system, no going back now, whats done is done :drunk:

Leonidas

Have ya any pictures. Im tryin to get my girlfriend to get 1 of them. Shes from Boston and I hav her convinced they sound like a big V8 :cartman:

nak

May 13, 2006
Your right about the sound, mine was a 10 valve 150 bhp, remapped to 167 bhp, done for better mpg and the growl from it was awesome, one thing i am really going to miss, as for pictures, if you just click onto main Toledo Group and look for a thread " Toledo Mod Idea's" , you will get all the pictures you want, with mine and the rest of the Tolly crew, mod's, enjoy, your making me miss my car :(

Leonidas

Your right about the sound, mine was a 10 valve 150 bhp, remapped to 167 bhp, done for better mpg and the growl from it was awesome, one thing i am really going to miss, as for pictures, if you just click onto main Toledo Group and look for a thread " Toledo Mod Idea's" , you will get all the pictures you want, with mine and the rest of the Tolly crew, mod's, enjoy, your making me miss my car :(

Thanks mate. And ya should miss your car. It's made me decide that im goin buyin a Tolly and doin her up like that one. Mite even sell the Leon to do it :(

nak

May 13, 2006
I'll be ok, lol, really enjoy the drive of the S3, pulling power is great, been there done it, enjoying the drive without the coilovers and 19's, just cruising now, without thinking about pothole's, clearance of bodykit and so on ;)

Last edited:

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
Nak, The S3 sounds great and I'm sure you're going to love it even more than the tolly.
Granted we've had them long enough to know they are great cars and yours looked tops, I hope the new owner got pointed this way :)

Maybe you can get some pics up of the S3, I'd imagine it's a lot quicker than the V5 too?

nak

May 13, 2006
Best modified Toledo, what would your best modified Toledo be and what would be mine, individual tastes, i like the squarer look, some like the rounder look, lets not have a competition and respect all who have modified their Tollys to their taste ;).
Kewe try to get some pictures up soon, but the S3 is just another car in it's own way, alot lot quicker than the v5, once the turbo kicks in. Had experience of driving a Tolly, so at least i know what there all about, if anybody asks about them.

Last edited:

Leonidas

Im thinkin something more outrageous. Yours is almost perfect looking for my tastes. But wat about one that was converted to 4wd with a 2.8 v6 maybe ;)

Tartan58

Ex Seat Owner!!
Apr 10, 2008
Edinburgh
Im thinkin something more outrageous. Yours is almost perfect looking for my tastes. But wat about one that was converted to 4wd with a 2.8 v6 maybe ;)

...supercharged VR6 I think you mean ;) Now that would be a project!

Can get LHD Leons with 4wd and VR6 so just swap a toledo rear end on and there you go...simples:lol:

nak

May 13, 2006
Has anybody spotted my Cobra V5 last location Birmingham ????????????

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members