iPhone / USB not working.

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
think I'll get a 32Gb SD card, as I got 2 x 2GBs and they ALWAYS work fine, but the unit sometimes just doesn't see the USB stick - I have to unplug and plug it in again.

Simmo11

Jan 21, 2014
Burton on Trent
Hi,
I have got a June 2013 FR with the tech pack & I’m using a iPhone 4S with IOS 8.1. I’m using a VAG media lead so that I can get the album display on the head unit.
When I switch the ignition on & plug the phone the sound & album display works fine, but if I press the media button to toggle round CD, BT, SD2 & back to iPod I get no sound but the album display is there, I have to unplug it & plug it back in, does anyone else have this issue?
Cheers Paul

Evilnim

Oct 20, 2014
Has anyone tried the green collar vag media cable? It's the one with the Lightning cable connector on the end. Apparently it enables album art etc etc on the VWs. Not seen anyone talk about it on the leon though?

Evilnim

Oct 20, 2014
Update to my own question...found a green collar cable on eBay for £10. Works like an absolute dream with iPhone 6. All my album art is transferred in, can control my music through the media plus system easily. I haven't changed any album art or downsized, it's all the stuff that iTunes has auto filled. Massive win!

chrishale

May 31, 2010
Manchester, UK
Cool, where did you get the cable from? I think there are a few on eBay but they don't look official, but still quite pricey (£30 to £50). Can they be purchased from a Seat or VW garage?

Evilnim

Oct 20, 2014
Yeah I think VW garages sell them, but for £60.

Got mine from this seller on ebay. Seems to get through them one after the other, so check out his other items. Claims to be genuine. Can't really fault it this far as it definitely works as I expected. We'll see if it falls apart, but looks to be the same kind of construction as the leads that came with my car.

Edit: Turns out I can't post links yet. The seller on ebay is 'voi-voi'.

chrishale

May 31, 2010
Manchester, UK
Ah, that is a bit steep. Looks like voi-voi hasn't got any more but there is quite a few on ebay ~£25 mark - so I'll give it a shot. Would you mind telling me the part number that's on the label? The ones I'm looking at say: "5NO 0355 54 H" - does that sound right?

Evilnim

Oct 20, 2014
Mate - keep an eye out on voi-vois selling list. Theyve basically been selling them every day for the last week or two, I kept missing out on them at work!

I'll check the model number tomorrow morning and let you know.

MOzR1

Oct 13, 2014
Ah, that is a bit steep. Looks like voi-voi hasn't got any more but there is quite a few on ebay ~£25 mark - so I'll give it a shot. Would you mind telling me the part number that's on the label? The ones I'm looking at say: "5NO 0355 54 H" - does that sound right?

I've just ordered one of these off eBay, £25 delivered. I noticed there were listings for model number 5NO 0355 54 J in the USA which claim to be the "latest model" but if this one will charge my iPhone 5C as well as play the music I'll be happy.

I'll report back in the next couple of days.

Evilnim

Oct 20, 2014
The part number on my cable is 5NO 035 554 H.
Hope that helps. Still working great!

Now I just need to figure out how to route my lightning extension cable through to the dash so I can mount my phone for Google map purposes (I find it better than the satnav).

stuartluff

Apr 1, 2011
I've got a 2011 Mk2 FR with USB port and AUX I can't seem to find any cables at all with the connections I need for my iPhone 5s.

Basically Lightning to USB+3.5mm jack (I think). Any one have any links to something that looks decent, I don't want a £4 cable to find it doesn't work.

I still can't believe you pay £2k extra for technology pack with bluetooth, etc and yet you still need a cable to use it. [:@]

MOzR1

Oct 13, 2014
My iPhone 5 cable is now up for sale as I have sold my Cupra.

£20 delivered using a signed for tracked service.

PM me.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.