Ipod Conector

Sonkaldebi

Hi Everyone

I ordered myself a White Ibiza Cupra at the end of Jan. I have added the bluetooth and ipod option. Was just wondering when you have your Ipod connected. Can you pick the music you want on from the car controls or do you need to bend down and change the song on the Ipod its self?

Cheers

Ste

Generic

2010 Ibiza FR 2.0 TDi
Nov 16, 2009
Grantham
You can skip tracks and change volume via the steering controls. You cannot, however, choose a playlist or a particular song/artist.

I tend to just design a playlist on iTunes, set it going via the stereo's interface, then just skip and go back via the steering controls.

Induktionator

You can choose playlists, albums, artists, songs, etc. from the controls on the radio itself, but you can't scroll through the list particularly fast. After some time playing around I decided to make a couple playlists with numbers at the front so they're at the top of the list and can get to them quicker.
Otherwise, you can always pop the iPod out, choose the playlist/album/whatever much quicker, start play and push pause, and pop it in the cradle and away it goes.

The iPod's normal GUI is disabled when it's in the cradle, it just displays (something or other mode), "OK to unplug". Probably if you unplug the USB you get the normal GUI back, I haven't tried. This is with my somewhat older 80GB. You don't see album covers, but the iPod is tucked up under the center console to you can't see it anyway.

Sonkaldebi

arh nice one fella's so i just need to rename a couple of my good play lists with numbers in front of them and any crap stuff me mates like start with a z lol

Induktionator

You can get to playlists starting with Z just as quick as playlists starting with numbers and low letters. Letters in the middle of the alphabet take the longest.

Quick to get to:
AC-DC, Anathema, Agaloch, ZZ-top, Wolfmother, Yngwie Malmsteen

Forever to get to:
Madonna, Nickelback

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Hi Everyone

I ordered myself a White Ibiza Cupra at the end of Jan. I have added the bluetooth and ipod option. Was just wondering when you have your Ipod connected. Can you pick the music you want on from the car controls or do you need to bend down and change the song on the Ipod its self?

Cheers

Ste

I'd be gutted if you couldn't. I just plug it in via the aux port and saved some cash.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.