Ipod connection problem

nosering1

Hi,

I've had my ipod connected to my mk2 leon cupra through the optional factory adaptor under the driver's seat for 2 years now. For some strange reason the sound system stopped recognizing the ipod since last week and when i press the cd changer button to select the ipod as a source the display shows "no cd" as if the there is nothing connected on the adaptor. I don't think there is something wrong with the ipod cause i also tried connecting my iphone(which also used to work) and got the same result.
Has anyone had any experience with this or knows what may be the cause of this? Is there a fuse or something that may need to be replaced? I noticed that when i connect the ipod the screen lights up so i suppose there is some activity there...
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Cupra Jim

Nov 18, 2009
Coventry
I've had problems too, it depends on what ipod you have. Which one have you got as the software might not be compatable, which I found out following a visit to the stealers.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
The plug for the dock can get bent/misaligned, the ipod has the female part of the connection and the dock has the male part, the male part can get slightly bent and then will not fully plug into the ipod. My advice is to get on your hands and knees with a torch and check that the 2 parts line up. I had the exact same problem and my Ipod was going under the male part of the plug inside the car and was deffo not plugging in although it felt like it was in correctly. I put 2 old credit cards inside the hole for the Ipod and this made it line up and work fine. Then I took it alapart and fixed it properly, as said above it was bent due to poor alignment and ham fisted wife attemting to ram it in there.

Last edited:

nosering1

Thanks for the replies guys.
I don't think there is any issue with the type or software of the ipod as it has worked perfectly for the last 2 years and i haven't made any updates on its software recently.
I'll check if there is any problem with the male/female connector and hopefully it will be an easy fix.
Thanks again.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.