Ipod dock

markos

Hi everyone in need of some help i cant get my ipod to work in the dock under my drivers

seat. Is it only new ish ipods that work or could thier be a fault with my dock.

Proby

I Luv Boost!!
Aug 17, 2009
My iPod is pretty old, it's a 4th Gen classic (with the old mono screen) and that works ok on my 57 plate FR. Controls are pretty crap, but it does work. Are you getting nothing at all??

markos

Nothing at all it does nt charge or anything. Do you just plug yours in and thats it or what ?

Proby

I Luv Boost!!
Aug 17, 2009
Plug it in, make sure its pushed fully home (oww er) and then press the 'CD button' twice on the stereo. It then reads the ipod like a CD changer......(There are different plastic housings/shelves to fit the iPod into/line it up correctly with the socket)

markos

Not sure if i tryed pressing cd twice, just charging my ipod the now then il go out and try it.

markos

Na tryed it the now it just comes up on the screen no cdc, any ideas ?

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Get down on your hands and knees with a torch and make sure that the male plug in the dock lines up with the female socket on the bottom of your ipod. my wife had this problem and her skinny ipod was going under the male plug as there was no plastic adaptor in place for her skinny little ipod.

Also I think the male plug in the dock could get bent...........

EDIT.

Does your ipod work in another dock, maybe try it out at your local Commet or Currys, they have loads of hi-fi stuff with built in docks that you could try.

Last edited:

Styly

I had the same problem, when i bought the car the Ipod dock worked for a while, then stopped for no apparent reason. I had it checked out by the main dealer and they replaced the dock on the warranty and said I should put something under the ipod to stop it bouncing around and breaking again. Just seems like a poor connection to me!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise