Irmscher2007 Seat Leon Cupra TDI

irmscher2007

Aug 15, 2007
Cheshire
Had the car a couple of months now.
Only changed a couple of things since buying it, Fabia rear wiper which is much better
than the old one, full service, new front pads and discs as they were warped. These were fitted yesterday and still feel a bit spongie but need to be bedded in first. Thanks to SERE MOTORS for the excellent prices and quick delivery for these, will be getting the rear discs and pads from them soon. Clayed the car this week and took it for a machine polish.

Got the car back after it had been polished by an old school friend of mine. He has done a three stage polish and then a wax, hopefully this has got rid of the swirls as they were quite bad in the sunlight. Theres no sun today so its hard to tell but it looks like he had done a good job.

Next I'm thinking of a sensible remap, to reduce the lag and give it that effortless power. Just hoping it wont destroy the clutch!

Think theres a problem with the intercooler hoses as its quite whistly when accelerating, the garage had a look today but couldnt see anything but suggested it maybe the elbow shaped pipe so its going in next month for that when the rear pads and discs get fitted.

Hopefully this link will work. If not let me know as its the first pictures I've posted.

http://www.photoshop.com/user/vrs_g...acf0822dc2&wf=shareslideshow&trackingid=BTAGC

Last edited:

irmscher2007

Aug 15, 2007
Cheshire
Thanks for that.

Just booked it in for a remap on Thursday morning!

Wasnt going to get it done for a month or two but having just spoke to the insurance company, its not going to cost anymore so thought might as well get it done. :p

Just need to keep it quiet from the Missus! :whistle:

irmscher2007

Aug 15, 2007
Cheshire
Car now remapped - RR pictures added

Had the car remapped today. I was going to wait a month or two but had the week and thought may aswell get it done sooner rather than later.

The first stock run with only a Green Cotton Air filter and some millers achieved 160bhp and 243 ft/lb of torque. I was surprised with this as it never felt like it was running this well. Maybe I'm still used to my old Octavia Vrs.

I told the company I needed the map to be clutch friendly to a certain degree, so worst case scenario it starts slipping I can just replace with a new stock one and it should last me until I change cars.

So the car was VAG.COM'd and all was in order except and interior sensor fault, must the the alarm sensor. It was check over for leaking pipes etc and all was well.

The map went on and after a few rolling roads and some soot out the exhaust it achieved 190bhp and 298 ft/lb of torque before any losses. It drives like a different car now, now turbo lag, changing gear and the power is there if you need it. Occassionally puffs out some smoke when accelerating hard but I guess this is to be expected with a remapped diesel.

Managed to get 58mpg average on the way back up the M6, some spirited driving but most at a steady pace through average speed cameras. Overall I am happy with the remap, its not spiky and power is smooth and strong throughout th revs.

The link below should show the rolling road graphs, I had to take a pictue of them and upload onto the PC as I have now scanner.

http://www.photoshop.com/user/vrs_g...acf0822dc2&wf=shareslideshow&trackingid=BTAGC

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
nice looking motor, seems a combination of the fr/cupra as you have cupra alloys but fr wing mirrors but in black not silver like the fr

getting the car remapped does change it into a different animal, i find it pulls much harder for longer than before and i have still managed over 60mpg on long runs but i just don't do them now

you got any further plans for the motor?

irmscher2007

Aug 15, 2007
Cheshire
Thanks for the compliment.

I think the mirrors are standard cupras, unless its just because its a 54 plate and a slight facelift.

Future plans? Well I was told the back box has a rusty hanger and it may break, so maybe its an excuse for a new exhaust! :p

I was told by the remappers the EGR Valve delete is a good mod, so will research this. I'm missing an armrest and cruise control as I had them in my old Octavia Vrs so may add these. Other than that its tyres and rear discs and pads, not very exciting but obviously required. Want to keep it fairly standard looking and preserve cash for a possible clutch with all this torque :funk:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.