Is it necessary to torque bolts on upper strut brace?

Jul 29, 2006
cumbria
www.facebook.com
As per title,am fitting my S3 upper strut brace later,do i NEED to torque the bolts down or just make sure they're nice and tight,(don't have torque wrench but could get hold of one)reason i ask is some of the posts about it mention torquing and others don't.

andycupra

status subject to change
i would suggest that getting the torque correct on an item of this type could be potentially important, although most people will just do it up tight.

If you can get a torque wrench, get it.

In fact, its one of the best tools ive purchased, its an eye opener when you use one for the first time.
You can get a fairly decent one from places that sell screws and fixings ;) for not too much.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2006
cumbria
www.facebook.com
I never torqued mine and have never had any problems, just do them up tight.

Cheers mate

i would suggest that getting the torque correct on an item of this type would be important.

If you can get a torque wrench, get it.

In fact, its one of the best tools ive purchased, its an eye opener when you use one for the first time.
You can get a fairly decent one from places that sell screws and fixings ;) for not too much.

what torque setting would they be then if i were to do it,as long as they're tight and am using nyloc nuts can't see why they'd need to be torqued

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise