Is it possible to control the touchscreen in the 2019 model with the driving wheel?

Mohamed emarah

Mar 27, 2019
Egypt
I want to control the screen with anything else aside from touch because its hard to use the touchscreen while driving

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
Your steering wheel buttons won’t control the functions directly on the main screen, other than to change track etc. It’s a different interface all together and could be very distracting whilst driving.

Take your point about touch screens though. Can Ben hard to hit the right button whilst driving.

Sword

Apr 22, 2019
Winchester
I want to control the screen with anything else aside from touch because its hard to use the touchscreen while driving

It baffles me how its illegal to use your phone whilst driving yet playing around with a 7/8 inch display which is not in your direct line of sight when driving is perfectly legal:/

Cant say I have much of an issue though, once you get used to where it all is its fairly easy to navigate.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
It baffles me how its illegal to use your phone whilst driving yet playing around with a 7/8 inch display which is not in your direct line of sight when driving is perfectly legal:/

Cant say I have much of an issue though, once you get used to where it all is its fairly easy to navigate.
It’s not ‘legal’. Before the laws specifically specifying mobile phones was created, you could be charged with driving without due car an attention. The same applies to messing around with your sat nav etc when driving.

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
What are you trying to do? Whilst driving I find that I can do most of what I want from the steering wheel without having to use the touchscreen

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
This just proves what the police said all along. They didn’t ‘need’ a mobile phone law, they could charge drivers with ‘careless driving’ or ‘driving without due care or attention’ if they were caught using their phone.

They could prosecute you for playing on your gameboy whilst driving if they charged you with the right offence.

This is just a case of a lawyer using a loophole in the wording of the law that the police have charged the driver with.

Mohamed emarah

Mar 27, 2019
Egypt
What are you trying to do? Whilst driving I find that I can do most of what I want from the steering wheel without having to use the touchscreen
Do you have a digital cockpit? Mine is not I want to control stuff on spotify and android auto but mostly spotify

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
Do you have a digital cockpit? Mine is not I want to control stuff on spotify and android auto but mostly spotify

Nope I dont have the digital cockpit.

You can change tracks with the button on the steering while, I think if you push the wheel it might mute the sound too.

The voice control on Android Auto is very good, long hold of the voice button the steering wheel and it will use google assistant rather then the car voice control. I use that to take me somewhere if I am already driving and it will load the map, or to play specific songs or playlists

Reactions: Mohamed emarah

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
You can change tracks with the button on the steering while, I think if you push the wheel it might mute the sound too.

Non Digital dash on my CUPRA 300 and I use Spotify all the time from my iPhone connected via USB.

You can move through songs using the controls on the steering wheel and pressing the wheel on the l/h side of the steering wheel does mute/unmute the sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mohamed emarah

Mar 27, 2019
Egypt
Nope I dont have the digital cockpit.

The voice control on Android Auto is very good, long hold of the voice button the steering wheel and it will use google assistant rather then the car voice control. I use that to take me somewhere if I am already driving and it will load the map, or to play specific songs or playlists
That's very neat didn't know that you could long press the button to get the google assistant instead of the car's one!

WEZANGO

Nov 4, 2016
A while ago was planing to get Audi A3 instead of my Leon and I can say that MMI control knob/joystick that they have is so convient to use while driving. New A Class for example has touch screen, joystick/knob and steering wheel media controls. For Leon, unfortunately no. Only touch screen and knob on right side of screen (If it's 5.8" screen).

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.