brightsideteeem

I'm not like you guys...
Any opinions on this?
:think:
customexhaust.jpg

SP_A0035.jpg

SP_A0034.jpg

SP_A0033.jpg

( the size of the end arnt massive, just i am rather slim....:shrug:)

holty

Inside a nice VAG
Sep 25, 2008
In the Hills
Well I went in for my mufflerectomy but 'wussed' out!
The guy there (very nice chap) kind of talked me out of it , as he was worried about 'boominess'?
Also I just couldn't decide on which oval pipe to go for.
There were ovals with two exits inside and also just plain old ovals!
Can someone tell me the difference between these? Obviously the plain, hollow ovals would be louder.

:blink:

basssound

May 31, 2007
Rotherham, South Yorkshire!
EH!!!! you wussed out, look grow a pair of balls or a spine and go for it, honestly it's not at all boomy, soon as you hit 3k the noise goes or at least dies down alot.
IMO it's actually a very nice note when you give it sone in 2nd, 3rd and 4th from 1800-3000rpm!!!

Also an oval tail pipe fits beautifully in the recess of the sport valance.
I wanted to go for the Vauxall VXR tail pipe but thay none in, pity because thats the closest shape to the cut out!!

brightsideteeem

I'm not like you guys...
SPM_A0005.jpg

I did mine, very pleased with result, quicker spool up time, and on idle, or low revs (town etc), you cant even tell theres no silencer on the end! All you do hear, is the "woosh" noise. (quiter or louder depending on how viciously you change gear)

Also, when you put your foot down, its dosnt sound like a diesel! I think it makes a lovely sound, and i made mine for £25, including someone to weld it all together for me!

Last edited:

ibizadoyle

Oct 10, 2008
pembroke dock (wales)
i have a cat back mufflerectomy and it great easy to live with lush noise and cost a lot less than the miltek!! my mate has a miltek on his v6 bit different i know but even that dont sound as good as the rectomy imho

willives

Apr 20, 2008
Wiltshire or Spain
I got rid of the backbox on my Toledo today . :)

I just chopped it out, welded in a straight piece of tube, made a couple of hangers, and fitted a twin pipe trim on the back. Cost a grand total of £30.

When driving normally I can hardly hear any difference, but when I boot it, it sounds louder, but it is a nice deep loud sound.

Its also made a noticable difference to the performance as well, though I'm not surprised, as it was full of crap.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise