Is the specific maf sensor part number really important?

kineticz

Forever moddin'
Jul 23, 2008
Shropshire
www.wepaintanypart.co.uk
Hey,
I am looking for a new maf sensor for my 1.8t. I've found loads of maf sensors for vag cars that have exact same fitting as the one I need, but a slightly different part number?

Surely if it fits then it will sense whatever air goes in no matter what the part number is?

Any advice appreciated [B)]

rosscopecotrain

Aug 5, 2008
Chepstow
I read a post a while ago where the guy was having huge trouble with his car and it turned out it was because the last letter of the part number from his maf was the wrong one for his car.

I emailed vag-parts , they said they can check which one you need from your chassis number

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
I know the part number I need mate, just can't really afford the ~£60 for a sensor. The cheaper options I've found have similar part numbers and same fitting, just not the exact same part number I need :(

Spend some time doing a search and you will discover loads of problems through not fitting the correct MAF / or fitting a cheap one.

Fit the correct Bosch Exchange item from dealer / ECP / GSF.

Avant4me

Oct 13, 2005
Bristol
The correct one is must. I got an exchange Bosch one from ECP and it turned out to be the wrong one, made the car run worse than my original duff one

Avant4me

Oct 13, 2005
Bristol
Exact Part No

AUQ/ARY/APP Engine (2001 onwards i believe) 06A 906461 LX

AJQ/APP ENGINE same but ending DX

Hope this helps, straight out of the VW parts guide.

Matt

Avant4me

Oct 13, 2005
Bristol
Look on the front left corner of the engine block just where the edge of the engine cover is. You cant miss it as the corner of the block is ground off so it can be stamped. Failing this there will be a sticker in the spare wheel well.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
iirc running with it unplugged can cause overfuelling and damage the cat; not 100% on that though.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise