Is this a good deal for used 1.8T Cupra?

Mewcenary

Mar 16, 2006
Farnham, Surrey
I test drove a 1.8T Cupra Leon today, and it was awesome. It is definitely a car I am interested in owning.

I was unable to negotiate a price with the dealer, however, so I'd be interested on hearing on whether you guys think what they were offering was good.

This was from a Seat dealer.

SEAT LEON 1.8 20V T CUPRA 5-DOOR HATCHBACK
Date May 2002
Mileage: 36264
Pretty standard spec, no frills.
Full MOT and service prior to sale
1 year warranty

Sticker: 8495
Trade in: 500 Peugeot 306... 500 is probably same as private sale.
TO PAY: 7945

So other than the trade in, they haven't really discounted much. Initial offer on trade-in was only 250 as wel.

Seem a fair price?

I was trying to knock them down to 7500 but they really would not budge on this at all. Even when they phoned back later they were giving the usual "But my starving children!" style speech :D

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
looks bang on the parkers price

u could try mats/petrol/tax instead of money

what colour is it?

if its black/silver these are the most sought after colours

yellow/red may afford you a discount as they are less wanted and such are suffer slightly more depreciation

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
"But my starving children!" style speech

probably true though, margins just ain't there anymore, you got to thin of wha that car may owe them. I would offer 8k on the nose and then sell the 306 privately, they will probably run with that, then squeeze em for tax and fuels if possible.

Remember a £500 306 is a problem for them on part ex, they will make nothing on it, so leave it out of the equation and shift it yourself for a bit of extra cash. I bet they take the £8k figure cash.

Tallpaul

Jul 2, 2005
i'd offer them £7500 and sell the 306 privately.

There are loads of Cupra's about, and you should be able to get one with mettalic paint and leather for that money.

If they don't want your cash for a 4 year old, out of date model, someone else will! Remind them that the FR is out this year and i'm sure they don't want this Cupra on their forecourt for too long.

Mewcenary

Mar 16, 2006
Farnham, Surrey
I guess their offer wasn't too bad then. I'll see if they change their price if I sell the 306 privately (I doubt it - they probably just immediately shift it to a nominated "old bangers" dealer as soon as they come in).

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.