is true about the fitmment with golf mk4 and leon 99-05 lowering spring?

Tommy_FR

someone told me that but i want to know if it is true because i dont find eibach sportline for my leon fr in my country but the golf mk4 one is here, i want to know before buy it

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
I'm not an expert but I would imagine they'd be fine. I'm sure someone more knowledgable will be able to confirm.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
My entire suspension setup is based around mark 4 golf parts! This includes dampers, bushes, and all fixings!

The only thing you've got to take into account is the axle weights that the springs are meant to cover. For example, the Jamex coilover kit listed for my car (V5 Toledo) was the same Jamex coilover kit was listed for the V5 and VR6 Golfs, so I made the assumption that they had the same (or close enough) axle weight.

The theory should work for you, so find something like a coilover kit that lists both your car and a Golf 4 car, then you know which engine sized Golf you have to match springs with. In general, I found that for the petrol cars the same engine in both cars used the same parts. I don't know what engine your car has?

Tommy_FR

My entire suspension setup is based around mark 4 golf parts! This includes dampers, bushes, and all fixings!

The only thing you've got to take into account is the axle weights that the springs are meant to cover. For example, the Jamex coilover kit listed for my car (V5 Toledo) was the same Jamex coilover kit was listed for the V5 and VR6 Golfs, so I made the assumption that they had the same (or close enough) axle weight.

The theory should work for you, so find something like a coilover kit that lists both your car and a Golf 4 car, then you know which engine sized Golf you have to match springs with. In general, I found that for the petrol cars the same engine in both cars used the same parts. I don't know what engine your car has?

thanks, my engine is 1.8 20vt petrol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members