Its going in... AGAIN!

Villers

Billy Villain
Apr 12, 2014
Cumbria
www.horizonwatches.com
So my 2014 FR has shown itself to be a typical friday afternoon siesta car. Its going back in again for pretty much everything it has been in for already!

This weeks jobs are:

1. The rattle above the speedo thats been there since day one
2. Rattly front door cards, again a day one issue
3. A clunk from the rear on uneven ground at low speed. This si the only one where I dont know the actual cause, Ive tried it with the seats down, the shelf out, the jack/spare out so Im thinking its suspension related? Any experience?
4. Groaning suspension whenever anyone gets in

Also the autolevel headlight issue started again this week, with the temperatures dropping I expected it to be honest. Doesnt mean I should have to live with turning the ignition off and back on every time I set off for work.

The list of niggles are growing, the chronic ones cant be resolved (water in the boot, or on the seats when opening and closing doors, creaky windows, freezing up entertainment system etc). I wil keep asking for them to be fixed and noting the attempts for a future communication with Seat but I dont hold out much hope :(

Ive had Seats for years, and expected better for the money. The fact that my equity on my deal could have taken a knock because of the recent scandal is grating on me too, as I was hoping to get rid sooner rather than later. So I'll be stuck with the rattlebox that has such bad road noise its difficult to hear people on the radio for longer than I would have liked.

Never mind, only another 18 months to go..... :funk:

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
the clunk at the rear - had this and was a loose bracket on the exhaust

the door cards have a tip fix they should have sorted those, if your on a p c p get the finance co involved - state its not fit for the purpose bought for and tell them how many ties the cars been in

Villers

Billy Villain
Apr 12, 2014
Cumbria
www.horizonwatches.com
Hi Stu, i t s different from those you mentioned. The whole thing locks up like its crashed, sometimes sound comes out still but the screen is black, other times it freezes with something on the screen but so sound. Showed the garage a while back on a video, they said it was sometimes like that when you first start up. I pointed out that I was 6 miles from hime and that turned to 'they all do that'!

Villers

Billy Villain
Apr 12, 2014
Cumbria
www.horizonwatches.com
Thats a familiar problem. The dash noise I left it for ages until it was there for sure. Th reckoned there was no noise, guess Im making it up ha ha. The clunk at the back Ive left to get worse and less sporadic so I know for sure its going to reveal itself. They gave me the same story for the lights and the water getting onto the seats when the doors were opened - said they had a hose pipe on it and it wouldnt do it, must have different kind of water to me lol

2Stevo2

Oct 20, 2015
North Lanarkshire, Scotland
Please feel free to shoot me down in flames but..... i have noticed a groaning sound when people get into the car when it is parked on a slight gradiant. That noise is from the handbrake, not the suspension. Could that be what u are hearing?

Villers

Billy Villain
Apr 12, 2014
Cumbria
www.horizonwatches.com
Hi Stevo! I know the sound you mean! But its not that :( it happens on the flat too without the handbrake on. Its just a squeek, last time they said it was something rubbing. I noticed a while ago that a friends ibiza did it aswell. Thanks for the info though

Villers

Billy Villain
Apr 12, 2014
Cumbria
www.horizonwatches.com
So Ive dropped it off, usual confused looking faces. If it gets looked at before Im handed the keys back I'll be more than amazed.

Given prices at the moment I'm quite tempted to ask if theres any stock left of the Ibiza Cupra with the DSG left and at what price I can get out of this mk3 and into the rollerskate!

Jimlad86

Mar 30, 2010
Gloucestershire
I feel your pain. Mine is going in tomorrow for door rattle and a really loud one in the corner of the dash and windscreen on the passenger side.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members