Its going in... AGAIN!

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
mine is in now for touchscreen issues!

I have a toledo for 2 days!!

its crap!!

What's wrong with a lil Toledo :) I love mine lol, Ok has no huge punch from the engine but I find mine so relaxing to drive, plus only been in garage once due to water being retained in doors apart from that its been sound *Touch wood*

I really want a Leon but there are so many stories of them going wrong its worrying at times

Jimlad86

Mar 30, 2010
Gloucestershire
What's wrong with a lil Toledo :) I love mine lol, Ok has no huge punch from the engine but I find mine so relaxing to drive, plus only been in garage once due to water being retained in doors apart from that its been sound *Touch wood*

I really want a Leon but there are so many stories of them going wrong its worrying at times

I think that you are being over exposed to issues being on this forum with us fussy buggers. I think in the grand scheme of things they are very reliable

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
I think that you are being over exposed to issues being on this forum with us fussy buggers. I think in the grand scheme of things they are very reliable

haha yeah I do agree but I worry I will become one of the fussy buggers :)

also depends what deals I can get on the cars anyway will decide what I get next anyway. but Leon's do look good, beter than the Golf and A3 counterparts IMO

Jimlad86

Mar 30, 2010
Gloucestershire
haha yeah I do agree but I worry I will become one of the fussy buggers :)

also depends what deals I can get on the cars anyway will decide what I get next anyway. but Leon's do look good, beter than the Golf and A3 counterparts IMO

Agree on the looks front. Especially the A3..BORING!!

Are you locked in to getting new for finance / lease? Loads of money to be saved getting a year or two old one. We recently bought a 14 plate with 8k on the clock for under 10k which is pretty much half the price of new

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
Im currently on a PCP finance deal, for 36 months, just past the half way stage, mine was a pre reg one got it 30das after it was registered as the finance was cheaper monthly on that that it was on a MK2 3year old leon that was 4K less. I have had my share of older cars only 25 but I have always had issues with the cars needing repair's and its always the expensive ones I get lumbered with, so I like the warranty peace of mind :)

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)

My Leon has only been if for it's service, not a single fault, no rattles or anything and coming up for 17 months now.

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
My Leon has only been if for it's service, not a single fault, no rattles or anything and coming up for 17 months now.

Yeah I know there are plenty out there, and TBH I would love a Cupra or Cupra ST

its a shame Seat are currently pushing the contract Hire finance with a 20-25% discount, but you then pa out all that money monthly and cannot even chose to keep the car after

StylancePaul

CUPRA Owner
May 31, 2006
Cambridge, UK
Im currently on a PCP finance deal, for 36 months, just past the half way stage, mine was a pre reg one got it 30das after it was registered as the finance was cheaper monthly on that that it was on a MK2 3year old leon that was 4K less. I have had my share of older cars only 25 but I have always had issues with the cars needing repair's and its always the expensive ones I get lumbered with, so I like the warranty peace of mind :)

I was 2 years into 3.5 years when I traded my FR in, didn't cost anything to get rid of. If your interested see what your dealers can do.

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
Yeah I spoke to my dealer couple weeks back, but i'm only getting about £500 from my car at the moment, but for a PCP or Hire purchase I'm looking 250-300 a month for a 1.4 FR Leon, for me that is a step to far lol, plus got to find rest of the deposit, Will look again at 2years ect

stu_m

Aug 14, 2014
Hull
www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk
Yeah I spoke to my dealer couple weeks back, but i'm only getting about £500 from my car at the moment, but for a PCP or Hire purchase I'm looking 250-300 a month for a 1.4 FR Leon, for me that is a step to far lol, plus got to find rest of the deposit, Will look again at 2years ect

have a look at a nearly new Leon the same year as your toledo

thats what I did! I traded in my 14 plate ibiza that was on PCP for a 14 plate Leon lost about £400 in the end as things could be adjusted on a second hand car

the leon is a upgrade from the toledo and you will be happy with it ;)

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
have a look at a nearly new Leon the same year as your toledo

thats what I did! I traded in my 14 plate ibiza that was on PCP for a 14 plate Leon lost about £400 in the end as things could be adjusted on a second hand car

the leon is a upgrade from the toledo and you will be happy with it ;)

I understand what you are saying, but for me its the idea of having the warranty as peace of mind just in case, as usual fo rme nothing will go wrong whilst under warranty but only its out of warranty ill get issues :) that sums up my luck :)

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
my dealer wedged a tiny piece of soft plastic between the instrument cover and the surround at the centre bottom of the instrument screen to fix an annoying rattle. Worked perfectly.
still have an occasional one from the sunroof when the cover is fully open. They seemed to have fixed it but it's come back intermittently.
But they've been great about finding and fixing them - no hassle at all.

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
suppose its better than a bus pass lol

it will be the same as the motor I had!

mine was the FR though with the 105 bhp motor if its not the FR it will probably be the 90 bhp motor in that!

I got given the 3dr Toca when I needed a loan car 85bhp, when I got my 1.2 TSI back I was so happy :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members