It's here and I love it! (Inc pics)

Generic

2010 Ibiza FR 2.0 TDi
Nov 16, 2009
Grantham
Finally picked up my Seat Ibiza SC 1.6TDi from Willoughby yesterday and it's brilliant.

Managed 48MPG on the journey back from Nottingham to Grantham, and with only 8 miles on the clock when I drove it off, that's looking brilliant. Give it another 10K miles, and I reckon that'll get close to the 65-70MPG advertised.

What's nice is that it's still got a lot of kick to it. Not as much as the demo car I test drove (although it's the same model), but I'm putting that down to the newness of the engine and my lack of experience with diesel engines.

I'm very impressed with the climate control and bluetooth.

Only got a few niggles with the car itself:

1) I can't work out how to share my iPhone's phonebook with the phone, I can only manually store my names and numbers myself using the bluetooth voice control.
2) It's awful on the snow, probably due to the low profile tyres. My other half's KA can manage our driveway fine forward and in reverse, but I just fish tail or go sideways.

Overal, the whole experience of buying was pretty good. The only thing that really peeved me off in the whole process was the admin fee on the finance. I had repeatedly asked if payments were the same every month and if there was an admin fee, to be told no. So in the end I had to stretch myself to get the auto glym service.

Anyway, here's what you really carea about... pics!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

Last edited:

golfgtipaul

Jul 14, 2009
glad u like it mate, keep an eye out for you in lincoln, mine is the same as yours but in white :) :)

bigman75

Jul 21, 2009
Wolverhampton
Very nice mate! :)

Shame the weather couldn't be better for your experience in it though.

My wheels are the same as yours, and i'm assuming the same tyres (Bridgestone Potenza's.) I've also noticed how poor traction is recently.

Regarding MPG, i've only been getting about 45 - 48 currently. I'm putting this down to the fact i'm using all the blowers, heating and the current road conditions - weather and heavy traffic.

During the milder months of last year i was averaging 58 - 60 mpg. To be fair though, you do have an slightly different engine to mine. Maybe thats an factor also.

Thanks for the photos and enjoy your new ride! :D

All the best,

Andy

Chaza123

Totally agree about the tyres in snow, not exactly ideal so have been avoiding using the car as it cant seem to get up inclines with ice on the road but hey we dont get this weather very often so its a small niggle really.

Lovely colour choice, looks awesome with the snow as a back drop. Enjoy your new car!

idigitize

I can't work out how to share my iPhone's phonebook with the phone, I can only manually store my names and numbers myself using the bluetooth voice control.

IIRC you need the numbers to be stored on the sim card, not the phone - not sure if this is the case with yours but worth looking into

We have the same colour, just ours is the 5dr sport. I love it :bleh:

Same issue with the tyres too

Generic

2010 Ibiza FR 2.0 TDi
Nov 16, 2009
Grantham
Lovely colour choice, looks awesome with the snow as a back drop. Enjoy your new car!

I've always been a fan of red. I couldn't decide between the white and the red, but I figured the red should be easier to keep clean.

IIRC you need the numbers to be stored on the sim card, not the phone - not sure if this is the case with yours but worth looking into

That's a bit rubbish. Reckon it's worth starting a new thread asking if anyone else on here has done it?

the admin fee only applies if you are buying on finace

That's the one. Wasn't happy when I saw how much my first payment would be. Couldn't get mr canonman to give me anything free as an apology though.

Nov 6, 2007
Newark
I've always been a fan of red. I couldn't decide between the white and the red, but I figured the red should be easier to keep clean.

That's a bit rubbish. Reckon it's worth starting a new thread asking if anyone else on here has done it?

That's the one. Wasn't happy when I saw how much my first payment would be. Couldn't get mr canonman to give me anything free as an apology though.

haha I couldn't as got told off about discounting the car as much as I did

only time you dont pay the admin fee is when you take out 0%

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Ohhh I'm so glad you've posted these pics - now I know exactly what my car will look like :)

I ordered a red 1.6 CR-TDI Sport in December, should have it by the end of February/beginning of March and I can't wait!!!!

Generic

2010 Ibiza FR 2.0 TDi
Nov 16, 2009
Grantham
haha I couldn't as got told off about discounting the car as much as I did

only time you dont pay the admin fee is when you take out 0%

Aye, twas a shame mate, not having a dig ;) I think I got a very good deal regardless. It was the only quibble I had about the whole sales process, everything else you did was sound mate... apart from forgetting I was turning up for a test drive and that woman taking 3 hours to come back whilst I waited around in the dealership, heh.

Ohhh I'm so glad you've posted these pics - now I know exactly what my car will look like :)

I ordered a red 1.6 CR-TDI Sport in December, should have it by the end of February/beginning of March and I can't wait!!!!

It is gorgeous mate, the pics really don't do it justice... but I really hope you got the 17" alloys! There's another one in Grantham that has the 16" alloys and it just doesn't look as good as mine.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I am gonna have to find out about this admin charge, the stealers will get it in the ear if they omitted this small bit of info as I am under the impression that the amount they told me the installments would be had better not change!!!!!! This could be interesting............

chriscrowe

the admin charge is only ever on the first payment of your finance, the finance company charge it to set everything up. Then theres one on the very last payment if you run your agreement right to the end.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.