It's the little things

Chrismalkinuk

Nov 17, 2015
Stoke on Trent
That reminds me, when i get into the car sometimes the media system takes atleast a couple of minutes before it recognises my ipod and other times it'll load exactly what was last being played straight away regardless of how long I'd been away from the car. Weird.

I took mine back for that and they replaced the nav, is still the same thou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obee72

Jan 7, 2015
I am sick to death of the slow nav and the map zooming in and out whenever it likes! Infact it annoys me so much I may reject the car as those features are unusable

It's a cheap system with low res screen and underpowered imo. There is a logic to the zooming it's just a pain you can't switch it off permanently. Doubt they'd accept a rejection on those grounds tbh.

Chrismalkinuk

Nov 17, 2015
Stoke on Trent
I can reject it for many reasons, I can reject on the grounds of not fit for purpose for constantly steamed up headlights, shite nav system, poor paint quality, the fact the iPod hardly plays, many many other reasons

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Obee72

Jan 7, 2015
I can reject it for many reasons, I can reject on the grounds of not fit for purpose for constantly steamed up headlights, shite nav system, poor paint quality, the fact the iPod hardly plays, many many other reasons

In that case you may have a case. Thought it was just on grounds of crap Nav!!

Obee72

Jan 7, 2015
No...but the nav annoys the hell out of me, completely un-useable

Must admit mine isn't unusable, annoying, but not unusable. Having to switch the AutoZoom off every time you start the vehicle is soooo annoying. You'd have thought they could have fixed it with a software update but as far as I know they haven't recognised it as an issue.

I've taken to using Waze on my iphone mounted with a Brodit clip, much better.

scrich7

Oct 6, 2013
Bedford
To be honest, even with the issues you've listed, you would have a real challenge trying to return it and getting your money back, I'd be amazed if you managed it.

On the issue of auto zoom, I actually quite like the way that it works. Always seems to be at the right level of zoom for me at the right time. I've been in a few other cars where it always seems to be really closely zoomed in and all you can see is 1 single straight line, I find that no use at all.

Personal preference I guess.

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
I must be the only person who likes the sat-nav (the original one, mine's the low-res slow thing).

It has never got me lost and it works faultlessly. It isn't the fastest to boot up but it's no slower than my old Garmin.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
I doubt you'll get anywhere on the headlight issue, as stated before the LED's give off very little heat. A triumph of style over substance.
I also doubt you'll be able to reject the car based on the sat nav.
Your best option is to compile a list of issues, send said list to your Seat dealer and a copy to Seat CS and see how they respond. If you do not get the result you want, then its Watchdog, Trading Standards etc. Assuming you have the time to do all that.
Good luck.

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Why should I accept steamed up headlights on a brand new car?? Or a dab radio that looses all its presets....etc erc

My radio had lost it's presets today, but all that had happened is I'd lost dab reception as it was parked underground overnight. All I had to do was select band and then reselect dab. It seems that each signal has its own set of presets.

hutchy14

Dec 30, 2013
Would be good if you could change the colour of the lights on the doors and the foot wells too.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
What's ticking me off right now is the glee with which the doors weld themselves closed when the mercury drops. Not a problem unique to the Leon but it's certainly as bad as the worst cars I've ever had for it. Most of the cars have been better and some no problem at all. The Leon door seals are not a good design.

weirdkerr

Nov 24, 2013
Morayshire
What's ticking me off right now is the glee with which the doors weld themselves closed when the mercury drops. Not a problem unique to the Leon but it's certainly as bad as the worst cars I've ever had for it. Most of the cars have been better and some no problem at all. The Leon door seals are not a good design.

Never had this problem so far in either of my Leons.... but ive had this problem years ago on a VW caddy van(Seat Inca style) and both my fabias I had this problem intermittently and it was not consistently, some mornings when the car was iced up it happened others it didn't....

Villers

Billy Villain
Apr 12, 2014
Cumbria
www.horizonwatches.com
I'll jump in with the reasons my 17 month old 1.4 FR may be gone by the end of next week. They all count as they are 'little things' but they add up to one great pain in the arse.

Rattling door cards
Headlights that keep failing to level
Rattling dash above the instruments
Rattling centre console
Creaking windows when operated
Squeeking rear drivers side door seal
Mystery clunk at the rear
Rear seat belts that wont pull out on the first 3 attempts
Sporadically locking up head unit
Gas struts on the boot that seemingly cant raise the boot hatch without help
ROAD NOISE!!!

Apart from thgat its been love from day one, especially with the dealers help to resolve all of the above :rofl:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.