J@mes' LCR OEM+ Rear ARB Fitted :)

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
Good news, bet you wish you'd kept the dp and decat now

I didnt loss any money on it, plus i can buy one and get it fitted for the same money, so no biggy.

Will get a full serviced done at the end of the month, will have a chat with AmD about a few other bits while im there ;)

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
It's been a while since i've update my RR, nothing too exciting to report. A full service was carried out at AmD the other day, she was given a clear bill of health, although a small oil leak was found on the cam seal, it's only a tiny leak but i'll get that sorted at some point soon.

She seems to be running lovely at the moment, she's definitely more responsive after getting the plugs changed, idle is now super smooth... pulls like a train, even in this hot weather. All in all we seem to be getting on rather well at the moment, fell out of love with her for a while, mainly when she was costing me money, but now all the expensive stuff is done i'm really enjoying ownership again. As it stands i cant see me getting rid of her any time soon. :D

Gave her a good clean the weekend, she was proper dirty after not cleaning her for a couple of months, i forgot how much of a pain it is to clean a black car well, but when you do it properly it looks stunning. Here's a quick picture i took last night...

JGW_5361 by J@mes Williams Photography, on Flickr

Been thinking about getting a front end respray, possibly rear bumper as well... before i spend any more money modifying her i want to get everything looking and working perfect. The list of bits i want to do is pretty long but a far few of them are not that expensive, and stealthy (OH wont notice them). With so many tatty LCR's on the roads these days a mint example stand out from the crowd.

In other news i drove a friends FR Mk 3 leon the other day, it was the 138BHP model... must say i was very impressed, seemed loads quicker than the numbers would suggest. Felt impressively solid and well put together, the SEAT cabin quality has definitely improved other the last few years. All in all a really nice car, cant imagine how nice the new Cupra R must be to drive.

you will have lived to regret selling mate.

the one regret i have is selling up..... if i had known how my circumstances were gonna palm out i would've kept mine.

saying that my current car isn't too shabby, even if it does have yobbo status attached with it :lol:

so have you started planning more future mods then or its it just sorting the bodywork out first and then take it from there?

Last edited:

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
you will have lived to regret selling mate.

the one regret i have is selling up..... if i had known how my circumstances were gonna palm out i would've kept mine.

saying that my current car isn't too shabby, even if it does have yobbo status attached with it :lol:

so have you started planning more future mods then or its it just sorting the bodywork out first and then take it from there?

Yes I would have definitely regretted it, i can totally see that now. Bet you're pleased you're back in something interesting, plus a change is always nice.

Not entirely sure what the future plans are, would like to get all the little niggley things sorted then i'll think about going stage 2. :)

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Mate, as said before, that top pic, your sig one now is just stunning.

Every time I see it I appreciate the MK1 LCR much more for what it was released as.

:)

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
Mate, as said before, that top pic, your sig one now is just stunning.

Every time I see it I appreciate the MK1 LCR much more for what it was released as.

:)

Cheers Tom, got to love black paint reflection at dusk. It's one of my favorite pictures of my car. We'll have to get together for a TED photoshot at some point :)

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
You really have made this car shine. Looks so nice mate, great condition. Loving the shots as well bud

Cheers pal. I will be enlisting Maz's assistance at some point to give the paint some more attention. ;)

UPDATE:

Looks like i'll be taking the Leon to Europe for a driving holiday to celebrate a friends 40th birthday, there will at least 6 cars in total, quite possibly a Z3M Coupe so i may need some more power to keep him honest [B)]. It will be around this time next year so plenty of time to get the car prepared. This has given me an excuse to spend some money on the car. :whistle:

The plans are yet to be decided but it will entail a couple of days at the ring with a possible stop over on-route in Amsterdam, with another 5 days driving mountain passes/interesting roads. It's a long way off but exciting all the same.

Lots of planning yet to be done, but this gives me plenty of time to get the car sorted, lots of ideas of things to do, just to get them prioritized.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Remember to take some spare coilpacks ;)

Oh and your camera, you take some really good photos of the LCR :D

Will be great fun I'm sure mate!

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
Yeah i did think spare coil packs would be essential, there will be a VRS 1.8T going as well so we'll need a few between us ;).

Thinking i may as well get a GoPro to record it all, been waiting for a reason to get one.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Yeah i did think spare coil packs would be essential, there will be a VRS 1.8T going as well so we'll need a few between us ;).

Thinking i may as well get a GoPro to record it all, been waiting for a reason to get one.

Now you're talking! :D Motorsports Hero 3?

I still want one..

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Not sure yet, need to do some reading into them. You should get one tom.

Cool :)

Yeah I really should do. Maybe Santa will bring me one this year. Just want one to even film my drives out into the countryside etc, sometimes I wish a camera was onboard! :p

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Cheers pal. I will be enlisting Maz's assistance at some point to give the paint some more attention. ;)

UPDATE:

Looks like i'll be taking the Leon to Europe for a driving holiday to celebrate a friends 40th birthday, there will at least 6 cars in total, quite possibly a Z3M Coupe so i may need some more power to keep him honest [B)]. It will be around this time next year so plenty of time to get the car prepared. This has given me an excuse to spend some money on the car. :whistle:

The plans are yet to be decided but it will entail a couple of days at the ring with a possible stop over on-route in Amsterdam, with another 5 days driving mountain passes/interesting roads. It's a long way off but exciting all the same.

Lots of planning yet to be done, but this gives me plenty of time to get the car sorted, lots of ideas of things to do, just to get them prioritized.
So so Jealous. I am dieing to do a road trip in the new automobile!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise