Jabba remap on tdi 130 anyone done it

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Just about to get on group buy with the skoda lot for the Jabba remaps, they're offering throught the group buy for £380 and thats the proper custom rolling road set up with before and after figures plus around 3 hours on the rollers.

I know Jabba's figures seem to come out a little higher than others, but anybody any experience with a Jabba remap on a Tdi 130.

seems a good price compared to everywhere else. especially as proper remap not a generic jobby.

ALEX**

WTF
Feb 26, 2004
south-East
Visit site
there figs used to come out high on the old rollers, now they seem the same as the other RR ive been on.

I went out in one of the stafff members a3 tdi remap and it seemed well worth the cash.

frboyz

Sep 26, 2004
Had a remap on my 130pd got around 185bhp (old rollers!) I wanted max power!however all jokes aside scooby turbos struggled to get by on mway - this was a seriously quick car!

If I did it again I would get them to peg the torque back a bit, I had over 300lb ft, car and clutch were a little overwhelmed by this, but Jabba overall are top - highly recommend them.

However driving like a man possesed I only got 35mpg - so defected to a 1.8T - for driving enjoyment I have not looked back since, TDI quicker if you were lazy but if you extend the 1.8T it destroys the TDI, my mpg on APR is 34mpg on a run, with lots more fun than a diesel could ever offer when your in the mood.

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
TBH mate, you must have different driving styles if you say mpg is both around 35mpg for a tdi and a 1.8T,

Do you do the same journeys? short, long, town, motorway? It all makes a difference,

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
frboyz said:
Had a remap on my 130pd got around 185bhp (old rollers!) I wanted max power!however all jokes aside scooby turbos struggled to get by on mway - this was a seriously quick car!

If I did it again I would get them to peg the torque back a bit, I had over 300lb ft, car and clutch were a little overwhelmed by this, but Jabba overall are top - highly recommend them.

However driving like a man possesed I only got 35mpg - so defected to a 1.8T - for driving enjoyment I have not looked back since, TDI quicker if you were lazy but if you extend the 1.8T it destroys the TDI, my mpg on APR is 34mpg on a run, with lots more fun than a diesel could ever offer when your in the mood.

BolloX. don't tell me theres not much difference between the 1.8t and tdi on petrol consumption cos thats a load of tosh. Yeah if you drive like a loon in a tdi you will probably push it down to 35mpg, but if you drive like a loon in the 1.8T you will go down to low 20'smpg its all relative, where is on the run in the 1.8t you will get 35mpg on a run in the Tdi you will get 50-55 mpg.

like for like there is not an awful lot in it, but in no way does the 1.8T "Destroy" the tdi. Fun per pound tdi wins hands down due to its real world driving ability, but on the track maybe the 1.8t would have the advantage.

wise advice about the torque thoiug, this is what i am thinking, limit it to 300.

Jon TDI

Eat My Soot!!
Apr 28, 2003
Round the twist.
Visit site
sssstew said:
JonTDI had it done on his fabia.

Yep.

Maximum figures don't really bother me. I'm interested in how the car drives & it's power delivery.

Torque is increased significantly & has power all the way to 4Krpm (and a little bit beyond). To be honest, I never really take past 3.5Krpm these days.

Well worth the money.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Jon TDI said:
Yep.

Maximum figures don't really bother me. I'm interested in how the car drives & it's power delivery.

Torque is increased significantly & has power all the way to 4Krpm (and a little bit beyond). To be honest, I never really take past 3.5Krpm these days.

Well worth the money.

have you done any other mods before, i am getting the fmic and cupra intake and filter fitted before the remap. have you had any trouble with the clutch etc.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.