Jacking point covers AAAAARRRRRGGHHH!!!

speedsix

Leon Cupra R 225
Oct 30, 2004
Got the car back from ATS and they didn't secure 3 of them properly, 1 fell off and scraped along the floor, the other was just about to fall off.

Anyway, got them all on except one which I have spent a good 30mins thumping. It's just not going to go on. Do they get bent out of shape, the clips don't seem to go far up enough to clip in??

Whoever designed these covers needs a good kick up the ar*e:censored: :censored:

Any ideas? Had to tape it on for now.

Dom

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
hold them inplace and you will feel the back is slightly lower, if you hit this with the wheel brace upwards it will secure it, harsh but its the only way, 2 hits job done.

satilaboy

Jan 13, 2006
best wrestle with them for 2 hours, go in a huff. leave them for a fortnighht. try again ... another huff ... then they will pop on when you least expect it and without you really knowing how you did it.

I've tried and tested this method and it works a treat!!!

Swordjo

The Badger
Mar 17, 2006
Coatbridge (near Glasgow)
Got the car back from ATS and they didn't secure 3 of them properly, 1 fell off and scraped along the floor, the other was just about to fall off.

Anyway, got them all on except one which I have spent a good 30mins thumping. It's just not going to go on. Do they get bent out of shape, the clips don't seem to go far up enough to clip in??

Whoever designed these covers needs a good kick up the ar*e:censored: :censored:

Any ideas? Had to tape it on for now.

Dom

I know it's no help to you mate but mine seem to go on really easily. or maybe it's all my childhood LEGO and DUPLO block playing coming in handy.. or the fact I take apart IBM ThinkPads everyday!! I find the easiest way is just to clip it in at the top, slowly position it and give it a gentle thud with the palm of your hand under the skirt..oooer.. should just pop in!:clap:

speedsix

Leon Cupra R 225
Oct 30, 2004
I was thumping on the bottom of the cover with my palm until the pain was too much.

It ain't going in.

charlietruman

Dec 29, 2004
currently hull, then brighton!
I was thumping on the bottom of the cover with my palm until the pain was too much.

It ain't going in.

I know the feeling, as does every other cupra owner, as previously mentioned the most common way seems to be to twat them senseless until they go in, which i too end up doing most of the time.
i have though used a piece of 2' long 2" x 2" wood with a cloth wrapped around it, placed under the car at and angle and levered the wood upwards which pushed the cover in with no pain and more force than i was able to exert with my bare hands.

but you dont always have a piece of wood on you.

Just225

Hi fella, they are a real nightmare,my front right onr kept falling off just after i had brought the car, it was scratched to buggery so went to the dealers and told them to replace it, which they did, and while it was up in the air (wheel allignment) seat put the new one on and the only way he could do it was to stand underneith the car, clip it in at the top and then lever the underneith with a screwdriver. i make sure they stay on the car now and that it is lifted from underneith.

speedsix

Leon Cupra R 225
Oct 30, 2004
Got it on quite easily with a few taps of a rubber mallet.

What are my chances of getting ATS to cough up to have the one that fell off re-painted?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.