Jacking up mk2 Leon

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
Been looking into jacking the car up as I'm taking my front wheels off to get tyres fitted.I know its been discussed on here before, so did a bit of searching on how to jack the car up without crushing the seam where the side skirts attach as this would damage them.

Looked about for the trolley jack adapters with the groove in them but couldn't find a cheap UK supplier.

Then I found this - http://www.stiblog.com/modifications/diy-modifications/diy-pinch-weld-adapter/

Looks like an ideal solution. You would need a thinner groove and to test it against the car as you make it. Anyone seen or tried it??

I just bought 3 pucks of ebay to try it.

Last edited:

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
I let my trusted tyre garage do mine. Just explain your concerns and i,m sure they have the eqipment to sort it for you.

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
It was more for people who want to jack it up at home to remove wheels and do work on the car.;)

You will need a trolley jack that collapses very low then - my tyre dealer only has one that fits mine and its an old design so you will have to be careful the one you have fits under the car. the o/e jack is rubbish and only to be used in an emergency

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
Last edited:

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
I use a trolley jack from screwfix for £15 or something. No clearance issues and it works well.

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
I don't have side skirts, so apologies if that's misinformation. It also worked fine on my old LCR though, which did obviously have the skirts.

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
I used to do it on my Mk1 Leon FR and it was ok, but still bent and twisted the seam. If you look at my guide on fitting the side skirts in my sig, you will see the seem is more prominent on the Mk2 than I remember on the Mk1 Leon.

Jedimaster65

Searching for a clear lap
Aug 13, 2007
Cheshire
I have a 2 tonne ARCAN trolley jack the has a very low height and can jack the car on its jacking seam point without damaging the skirt (it just missses it !) ...they are around £80 from Macro I think.
Nice jack (blue and silver finish) - recommended. :)

joolsvern

The biggest MEMBER here
Jun 22, 2009
Doncaster
Ask him what?

misread your original post, I thought you were asking how to jack with crushing the seams, I was probably stoned, I usually am when I come on here. You tried it yet?, weather has been crap so unless you're indoors I presume not.

Marina and the diamonds - she's worth a poke.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
I made some ramps for this purpose, even though i have a low clearence jack.

Basically bought a shitty bit of timber from B&Q and cut it into 4 similar strips, and screwwed two together with a step at the end so have about 1.5-2 extra inches of clearance when driven onto them, enough to jack up from the subframe at the front.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.